Frostgrave Figures and Buildings

Started by Roy, 19 December 2015, 12:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

They do look good, but perhappoes a tad clean for having been under ice for a few thousand years.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

Thanks all.

They'll no doubt end up being used for all manner of games (if I ever get around to playing), so there won't be any snow on them. Probably will be some grass patches added, as I've just remembered I've a game board (somewhere) that matches the muddy look, though it also features patches of grass.

Yes, I'll admit they're very clean looking, but to fix would mean more work than I care to do at present, if I'm honest. I just want something to play with, so am not too worried about it. I'll probably see about addressing the issue once they're all painted up and in use, then I can come back and have a look at the issue between games.

Frostgrave, I'm not specifically going to be focusing on this game now I've decided, but will join in with games, and help with terrain where needed, as and when local gamers play. In truth, seeing that there's a second supplement coming out for Frostgrave I'm becoming more turned off with the idea of the game - I hate having to keep purchasing rules books or magazines just to make sure I know the rules/stats for what my opponent is doing.

Thanks again,
Roy
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

I've got Thaw of the Liche Lord, Roy - it's nothing "essential", but rather a new set of linked scenarios in a campaign. More a scenario pack than a supplement (think the old Warhammer scenario packs - MacDeath, Rorkes Drift etc). Looks pretty good though so if you want to play a bit more thematically or get bored of the dozen scenarios in the book it's well worth it!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bodvoc

I have kept my 'Frostgrave' buildings snow free as well, you can get more use out of them then.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

Thanks all.

These should probably be named bits for a 'Miniature Paintball Game' for Shildon 2016 (because everyone's doing Musketeers now!  :'( )

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

toxicpixie

Is that a "Drat you Osprey and your new "EnGarde!" rules!" coment there :D

Actually, 10mm with the new LoA figures would be lovely...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Roy

Just knocked this together in the joiner's workshop. A skirmish-sized battle-board, that I can use for both DMH (Dead Man's Hand) and my Miniature Paintball Game idea.

Originally I measured up for the ruined buildings I've been making, but post-polyfilla I realised it could probably see use as an Old West game-board, too. Luckily, the 4Ground buildings I have fit!

What might not be obvious from the photo's is that the board features four raised areas, and the central x-route is sunken.

Three coats of various brown paints later and it'll be good for the western United States and paintballing among some ruins. Oh, there's Frostgrave* too. I Might have to call my games Mudgrave.

The metal handle on the wooden framework was my Father's idea. Great idea, Dad!

*Yes, it's probably too small for Frostgrave.

[Also, I've alter the name of this thread: "Wizard Group Figures, Ruined Buildings and Gaming Board"]

toxicpixie

If it's 2ft by 2ft or larger it'll go fine for "MudGrave" :D

Be quick and straight into the action which is not a bad thing!

Roy

24" x 30"

:)

Its the spare bit of hardboard I had left over from making the ruins.

toxicpixie

Haha, very handy! Yeah, that'll play fine - we did similar size last night and it's good for two players :) nice and fast and lots actually happening :)

Roy

Er, the board's gone all Wild West  X_X

The info's on the blog - I'm feeling lazy, so if you fancy seeing more please click on the link below. Cheers. [Oh, I used a flash on the camera and its made the board look all one colour.]
http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/diy-board-old-west-28mm-wip.html

Techno

toxicpixie