Started by Leon, 21 November 2013, 04:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

chrishanley

Genom

That's going to cover every box set of paint out there for all those big companies that do such things by online ordering. Scratch that one off the Christmas list GW.

Unless there are any bypass restrictions for gift/box sets?

Fenton

Quote from: mad lemmey on 21 November 2013, 09:50:18 AM
Turns out one of my best mates is high up in Post Office HQ.
Keen wargamer and painter too.
Hopefully he will be able to add some weight to it.

Miniature Bids has just posted it on face ache too.

Miniature Wargames has as well now
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

petercooman

Could it be bypassed by fedexing it?

Techno

Done !
Absolutely barking 'rule' from the PO.

Quote from: petercooman on 21 November 2013, 10:47:03 AM
Could it be bypassed by fedexing it?

A courier will take all sorts of stuff that the PO won't allow Peter...(My 'bulk buy' of acetone once a year has to come via a courier....I think that's fair enough)..Trouble is, from my experience, there's usually a minimum charge of around a tenner....Which would make buying a handful of pots of paint way OTT cost wise.

Blanking ridiculous !
Cheers - Phil (I'm all cross now ! ;))

Fenton

Quote from: Techno on 21 November 2013, 11:18:58 AM
Done !
My 'bulk buy' of acetone once a year has to come via a courier...

You must use a lot of nail varnish to have to bulk buy the remover!
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

stugibsonca

Done

Infuriating for those of us that do not have a decent brick and mortar shop within 1000km!   Is this a security thing, like airport carry-on restrictions?  Is the woman who screwed up our postal service still in charge  at yours?  
Unpainted lead is self replicating

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 21 November 2013, 11:18:58 AM
Done !

A courier will take all sorts of stuff that the PO won't allow Peter...(My 'bulk buy' of acetone once a year has to come via a courier....I think that's fair enough)..Trouble is, from my experience, there's usually a minimum charge of around a tenner....Which would make buying a handful of pots of paint way OTT cost wise.

Blanking ridiculous !
Cheers - Phil (I'm all cross now ! ;))

Well Phil , if there is no other way, it's a valid alternative. You can always group buy with club members etc... then it becomes more plausible i guess.

Techno

Quote from: Fenton on 21 November 2013, 11:22:31 AM
You must use a lot of nail varnish to have to bulk buy the remover!

Thank you Steve !  :-* :P ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: petercooman on 21 November 2013, 11:35:22 AM
Well Phil , if there is no other way, it's a valid alternative. You can always group buy with club members etc... then it becomes more plausible i guess.

If you can find a group of you to do a 'bulk buy'....It might even work out cheaper !!
That'd give the PO a nice poke in the eye. ;) ;D...Serve 'em bloody right !

Cheers - Mr Angry. ;)

It's on SMP, and Deeside Defenders Group.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Just posted this on my FB page. Pretty sure at least one of those 4 options will attract the attention of those I know there :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This makes no sense. I can order and have sent to me 1 litre of Whisky in a glass bottle or a maximum of 68ml of water-based hobby paints in secure plastic containers.

As a wargamer and therefore painter of tiny metal soldiers, I'm not sure if this is:

1) Health and Safety Gone Mad

2) I Blame The Tories

3) I Blame Privatisation

or

4) The Terrorists Are Winning

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/royal-mail-lift-the-restrictions-on-shipping-water-based-paints
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

sebigboss79

Signed. This is ridiculous.

Interestingly I had the same issue when relocation from Germany. I had to send the paints in the mail rather than in my luggage on plane. I spoke to the Frankfurt Airport Security which said (quote):

"In the end it comes down to the security office. Having a bad day and you loose them, safety sheet or not. Afraid there is another example of regulation without any sense attached."

Fenton

Quote from: Ithoriel on 21 November 2013, 01:06:00 PM
Just posted this on my FB page. Pretty sure at least one of those 4 options will attract the attention of those I know there :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This makes no sense. I can order and have sent to me 1 litre of Whisky in a glass bottle or a maximum of 68ml of water-based hobby paints in secure plastic containers.

As a wargamer and therefore painter of tiny metal soldiers, I'm not sure if this is:

1) Health and Safety Gone Mad

2) I Blame The Tories

3) I Blame Privatisation

or

4) The Terrorists Are Winning

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/royal-mail-lift-the-restrictions-on-shipping-water-based-paints

Or Royal Mail chiefs drink more than they paint