Previous topic - Next topic

PAR UK

here is my attempt to sculpt

iron golem 

cheers

PAR

BlackEd

16 July 2011, 03:30:04 AM #16 Last Edit: 16 July 2011, 04:01:18 AM by BlackEd
Let me just say that some things are elder than others...

I made the Elder Thing with two different head options.  I can't decide which I like better, the smaller one or the larger one.

With the smaller head:

With the larger head:

I'll point out that the head and wings are tacked on using blu-tac (somehow we came to call it monkey snot).  You know, that sticky,tacky putty sold so that you can hang posters on walls without pins.

Enjoy (in a non-Euclidean sort of way)!

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sinister Jester

This is an Orb Beast. It has razor sharp teeth and six long tentacles. It is not known whether the beast floats or walks on it's tentacles as it appears to do both. The beast normally finds a dark corner or ceiling to hide in the shadows. It will normally wait until a lone party member is either separated or wandered off on their own to attack. It will normally attack if detected too then take off to hide again. If it can it will drag the prey to it's lair to be consumed. It's lair is normally a ledge or opening high on the wall or ceiling of the dungeon. It's lair is normally littered with body remains and parts of body remains of the unfortunate.

Right side

Back

Thanks for considering

Annatar

18 July 2011, 09:14:42 AM #18 Last Edit: 01 August 2011, 12:10:04 AM by Leon
3. T h e   K r a k e n   M a g e

The kraken people are a factual extinct race. Nowadays you can only encounter individual sorcerers of their kind, which - by use of arcane rituals - travel through time for unknown reasons. These diabolical evil geniuses try avoid any kind attention, so that the guardians of time, the gods or whoever do not interfere with their malicious plans. When these alien minds have reached their obscure goals they perform a vile act of sorcery, which allows them to return to their time/plane of existence but results in the death of everyone hundreds of yards (meters :) ) near this creature. They are aided by beasts, which are spawn of their kind.

(Front)

[attachment deleted by admin]
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!

Annatar

Side views...

Annatar

for size comparison...

with Kraken beast...

BlackEd

20 July 2011, 03:04:25 AM #21 Last Edit: 20 July 2011, 03:06:49 AM by BlackEd
Here is the finished chariot-monster with one crew member (different crew in each shot):

Taxi!  3 figures from Pendraken's Samurai riding the chariot-monster:

The monster itself:

Second version of the chariot-monster:

Notice the different tail.

That's it from me for this competition!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nico

28 July 2011, 07:46:11 PM #22 Last Edit: 28 July 2011, 09:21:00 PM by Leon
"With it's bear pranks, lion body and the face of a starving man the Manticore features a gruesome visual nature. His scorpion-like tail is protected by thick armor and difficult to evade, it says those hit will not die but only lose control of their body - while being eaten alife. This unnatural predator's lair is among the places even most knights and heroes would avoid, since an encounter with the beast always brings harm."

I imagine him leaping forward, grabbing it's prey, then forming an overhead crescent-shape to deliver it's lethal sting. Hand for scale purposes, 15mm² base; GS, Milliput, steel-wire. Was fun to sculpt and my first in this scale.

cheers :)

EDIT; Pic resized.

Nico

"Appearing as a human-sized abomination of sand and stone, the tile golem's humble appearance poorly gives his true nature credit.
He is a master shapeshifter and more of a dungeon poltergeist than a true golem. In fact, he is very alike to a djinn. Whatever his focus is, he protects it with all means. The floor is his skin and the walls his ears and eyes. He emerges from the ground as quick as he disappears again, forms shield and blades of rock or becomes a living wall, frustrating a desperate escape. Whoever smites him merely delays his resurrection. The only way of getting rid of this danger is stealing or destroying his focus, thus becoming his master or destroyer. Of course, he will always try to regain control."

GS, plasticard, Milliput - same base as the manticore

Ivan

Lurking in the dark Terrortoad is offering the passenger false hope. Many ended their journey in her jaws.

Ivan

Fang is lovely beast to ride on, faithful companion...

Leon

And that's it folks, entry is now closed!   :o

Thanks to everyone who has entered, there are some fantastic pieces of work on show here.  We will now allow the judges a couple of days to peruse the entries, and come back with their points, before we announce the winners!

Good luck to everyone, and keep an eye out for the announcement!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista