THE GREAT WARGAMING SURVEY 2022

Started by Ithoriel, 04 August 2022, 10:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Not to mention those other Africans like me who are told in our own country that we're not really African.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 August 2022, 05:25:16 PMNot to mention those other Africans like me who are told in our own country that we're not really African.

A colleagues parents came here in the 60's from the Caribbean  and he was born in the UK. So in my book he is British/ English the same as me. His ancestors may have come from Africa, in the same way as some of mine came from Italy.

I assume its the black population that say you are not really African? But most of the blacks in South Africa are descended from those that invaded from the North at roughly the same time the Europeans were invading from the south.  Therefore either you are all now proper South Africans, regardless of skin colour or none of you are.

If none of you are perhaps power should be handed over to the Khoe-San as the original inhabitants of the area.   

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

It would make sense. The Bushmen were the most culturally attractive people there, and about the only ones of any colour who didn't make exterminating their neighbours a priority project. Naturally, the rest of us did everything possible to wipe them out.

After everyone had conscientiously started calling them the Khoi San, it turned out that the term meant something like "wandering thieves".  ;D
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.