Reprint

Started by Ben Waterhouse, 21 November 2021, 10:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Waterhouse

I would much prefer spiral bound.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Ithoriel

Personally, I prefer my rulebooks to look like books, not manuals but then I rarely have mine open during an actual game.

Spiral bound is not a deal breaker but it would go in the con column if weighing one rule set against another.

I have to say that what sold me on Warmaster and then BKC was the all-in-one-book rules and army lists, after GW's endless escalating Codices. Though I understand the desire to move the lists online it would put me off future purchases but not bar them altogether. 
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

A decent index would help !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sultanbev

A limitation of spiral binding is they don't stack easy for the seller, so they take up more room.

I have had many pdfs and other stuff spiral bound at the local printer, which is great for durability but it is true there is that "less professional" look about it.

If the binding is going to fall apart you could be heretical and sell it with pre-punched holes for ring binders.

my BKC.IV book fell apart and I ended up putting each page in plastic wallets and put them in a ring binder, with the cover glued to the front. Only just fits with all the army lists, but without it would be a comfortable fit with space for additional rules/amendments.

John Cook

I've scanned some rules, recipes and other stuff I didn't want spoiled so I can read them on my tablet.

Sean Clark

Any news on the reprint?

I've wound myself up into a frenzy; planning purchases, watching YouTube videos and thinking of an Eastern front campaign I'd like to play. Then I come here to buy the rules and the computer says no 😂🤣
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Leon

Still no news sadly, we'd arranged to go with one printer but the prices jumped again so I'm talking to another printer now.  We're also looking at a stitched spine for extra strength so hopefully the costs on that are manageable.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

Do you not offer a PDF version?

I have PDFs of Blitzkrieg Commander 2, Coldwar Commander and Future War Commander, all bought from the original SMP website, all exactly the same as the printed versions.

Leon

Quote from: Raider4 on 01 March 2022, 07:30:27 PMDo you not offer a PDF version?

I have PDFs of Blitzkrieg Commander 2, Coldwar Commander and Future War Commander, all bought from the original SMP website, all exactly the same as the printed versions.

Yep, PDFs of all the rules are available through Wargame Vault: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/210130/Blitzkrieg-Commander-IV
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!