Vaccination requiremnt for show attendance ?

Started by Orcs, 04 June 2021, 12:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

I'll have to dig out my U.N.C.L.E. ID card out if we're going down that road. ;)

Cheers - Phil. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No use for me, returned both my warrent card and Army ID card in the 70's.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sean66

Quote from: John Cook on 07 June 2021, 01:22:12 PM
All within the EU are they not?  Did you get asked for any ID of any description?  Bulgaria is an Amber List country in UK to which you 'should not travel' and on return from which we'd need to go into quarantine for 10 days and take COVID tests.  So, it seems that the EU is the architect of its own misfortune again.  

Every country seems to be ploughing their own furrow and it looks like phone apps of one kind or another are going to be needed for foreign travel.

The WHO International Health Regulations vaccination record, or so-called 'Yellow Card', is not accepted as proof of COVID vaccination anywhere that I'm aware of.  The purpose of the Yellow Card, I had one for years back in the day, is to show that you are protected from the ghastly diseases in the exotic parts you are going to.  Subtly different from an 'immunity passport' which shows you aren't infected.  It is also a very unsophisticated document that would be open to abuse I think.  

I travelled through Serbia (not in EU). I was asked for my passport at every border post. Within Germany all of the countries I travelled through are classed as low
infection areas. These are listed on the WKI (Walter Koch institute) this is Germanys answer to the UK think tank. So I was allowed to travel for a proper reason. All the Government websites declared I could travel through their countries on producing a valid vaccination card or a negative Covid test (I was advised that they might not recognize the American CDC Covid card. But would recognize the WHO Booklet. Pages 18-20 declare in the headers on the top of the pages they can be used to declare Covid injections.
Regards
Sean

Gwydion

Quote from: Techno II on 08 June 2021, 07:58:26 AM
I'll have to dig out my U.N.C.L.E. ID card out if we're going down that road. ;)

Cheers - Phil. :)
Section 5: Communications
(I altered it to Operations - I was c10years old. In later life I learned to never volunteer for stuff like that!)

Leman

All this vaccination palaver doesn't half needle me.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Quote from: Leman on 12 June 2021, 09:49:28 AM
All this vaccination palaver doesn't half needle me.

Nobby, coat and owner  :o :o :o :o
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sultanbev

I've just noticed that for Salute 2021 the centre requires vaccine passports for entry.....

John Cook

Quote from: sultanbev on 25 October 2021, 02:31:20 PM
I've just noticed that for Salute 2021 the centre requires vaccine passports for entry.....

Easy enough to get one via the NHS App.

sultanbev

Ithoriel

Quote from: sultanbev on 25 October 2021, 04:07:16 PM
What's an app?

It's a thing you get on your phone.

I'm still a little unclear on how I get the cable to stretch all the way to the venue from the wall socket.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Raider4

Quote from: John Cook on 25 October 2021, 03:45:19 PM
Easy enough to get one via the NHS App.

Yeah, and I've seen the permissions that app asks for. No thanks.

Get a paper one if you must.

John Cook

Quote from: sultanbev on 25 October 2021, 04:07:16 PM
What's an app?

Really?  It is the abbreviation of application, a piece of software intended for smartphones. 

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

John Cook

John Cook

Quote from: Raider4 on 25 October 2021, 05:46:51 PM
Yeah, and I've seen the permissions that app asks for. No thanks.

Get a paper one if you must.

What are the 'permissions' you object to?  Are they any different from the NHS Track and Trace app?