CWC II ETA?

Started by Zookie, 06 April 2021, 08:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

The big selling point of the BKC/CWC/FWC sets was that the book was a one stop shop with everything in it you needed to play. But as outlined above there are issues with this model going forward.

In terms of the rules, I think you need to have a couple of lists in the book to help understand certain examples, weapon types etc that would make things more clear IMHO. I would suggest NATO and Warsaw Pact early - mid '80's.

sultanbev

Yes, I've done that in helping to write Divisions of Steel - one example within the rule book of how to use the army list, taking snapshots of parts of the army list to explain as you go along.

Big Insect

I'm also looking at representing the conversion of a real life OOB (mid-1980s Soviet MRR) to table top (if we can get hold of a decent quality image of an original Soviet OOB?) - by including an image of the MMR OOB and then a photo of the table-top formation - hopefully that might help players visualise the concept around conversation of OOBs.

As there is no single NATO list anymore (this can be built up using the various country lists) putting in a mid-'80's NATO list would be a challenge - but I am likely to use a West German list and a 1st Line Soviet force instead.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

paulr

The MRR to the table top is a really good idea :)

Two good representative lists :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Prophaniti

As a likely customer I can completely understand the need for army lists to be online.  From BKC I do like the lists in the book, so would agree with those that have suggested two lists.  Pick two opposing forces where the lists are contained and leave the crest for download.

Leon

I posted this reply to a Facebook query so probably best to put it here as well:

"The bad news is that CWC-2 won't be appearing in time for Salute, despite our best efforts. I've spent most of the past 6 weeks up until 1am/2am every night going through and checking/formatting/inserting pics but there just wasn't enough hours in the day to get it finished in time.

There is some good news in that I finished all of my formatting work and sent it over to the author last Friday to see if there's any final tweaks he wants to make. Once we've done that we can bounce it out to the proofreaders for final feedback.

While all that's going on I'll be formatting the lists and uploading those for people to start looking at.

Finally, I know a lot of people are waiting for this and there's a lot of frustration that it's taking so long. With moving to the new unit and all of the renovation work, then trying to get the shop sorted and fitted out, plus now the shows starting up again, every day is already crammed with priority work and it's been extremely difficult to find the time for the rules.

Some of you might have noticed that we've barely released anything for over 6 months now either, which is another casualty of the workload at Pendraken HQ. We're at the point now where we're having to get the staff in for extra days to focus purely on getting the unit/shop sorted out, as it's just too much work for me to keep doing on my evenings/weekends.

Anyway, apologies for the long reply. I'll update as soon as the rules have gone off to the proofreaders and we can get this sorted for you."
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Look after yourself Leon, after all its only a game

Ducks behind parapets  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

flamingpig0

We will enjoy it all the more when it does arrive.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James