The Move Pics and Updates!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Elliesdad

Quote from: Leon on 10 May 2021, 05:15:08 PM
ELON
LEON

We're just two letters and $166 billion apart...

If someone were to give me $166 billion then I'd change my name in an instant.
My name only has 3 letters in common with "Elon Musk" and none of 'em in the same placing.

Gwydion

If they gave me $166 billion I'd happily spend a billion on lawyers to tell them stuff off I'm keeping my name. :D

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Big Insect on 10 May 2021, 06:17:18 PM
and sane ... hmmm ... money or sanity?

Can I see the medical reports Mr Fry   ;) ;) ;) ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mollinary

Quote from: Ithoriel on 11 May 2021, 01:27:58 PM
Is there a Sanity Clause? :)

Don't be ridiculous, as any fule no there ain't no Sanity Clause!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 10 May 2021, 05:15:08 PM
ELON
LEON

We're just two letters and $166 billion apart...

But what would you do with all that money ?  :)

You could afford to run Pendraken as a charity sending out free figures to all us addicts
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

DecemDave

Quote from: Orcs on 11 May 2021, 02:55:44 PM
You could afford to run Pendraken as a charity sending out free figures to all us addicts

He'd probably make more money running a charity.  Lots of em over £100k p.a. last time the Grauniad did a survey .

Leon

It's been a little while since the last update so there's been a load of work going on!  We've now got the fire doors all framed and fitted, so we just need to paint the frames and pop some handles on these next.  They'll all need return hinges as well to keep them closed.

CorridorDoor1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

CorridorDoor2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

LaserRoomDoors by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

OfficeDoor1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

OfficeDoor2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

The office has had it's white finished off and we've added the skirting boards and protective strips on the corners.  The carpets are coming in on Thursday so we'll finally be able to get the office setup properly and catch up on a lot of paperwork/orders/queries.

OfficePainted2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

OfficeSkirted by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

OfficeTrim by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

The stairwell is now all white and we've tidied up some of the rougher edges with some of this handy plastic trim, it's amazing what you can cover with this stuff!

StairwellPainted by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

StairwellTrim by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Out in the workshop we've been doing some more small jobs with the casting partitions topped, the fire window framed out and then the extra worktops fitted against the laser room wall.

WorkshopPartitionTops by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

WindowFramed by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

WorkshopWorktops by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

And as well as all of that, we managed to post out 222 orders last week!

222Orders by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

We've done another progress video as well for anyone who wants to listen to my dulcet tones...!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno II

Stroll on.......I keep remembering you running PD from your garage. :o

This is definitely a bit better !! :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

And here's me thinking that wargaming was a cottage industry !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Is the glowing door the flames of the casting dwarves?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Steve J

This all coming along very nicely and should look great once it's finished, plus being a nice space to work in :).