All 1812 Naps ranges painted!

Started by Leon, 20 March 2021, 07:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Mr Kev Rouse has been busy again and this time he's worked his way through our entire 1812 Napoleonics ranges, so for the first time ever we have some pics of them on the site! 

https://pendraken.co.uk/napoleonic/1812-moscow/

Austrian

French

Polish

Russian

Wurttemburg

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Brilliant work Kev.

Quite an impressive set of ranges there Leon. Nice to see them at last.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Good stuff! I'm particularly impressed with the Austrian Hairdresser battalions.*  :-bd

* you know, the ones with the barber's poles ...
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Really great work on those, Kev !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

Steve J

Cracking work and his painting has really shown the level of detail on these sculpts, which was almost impossible to see before 8).

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Zippee

It's hard to tell but do these Austrian cuirassier also have rear cuirass backplates like the 1809 range?

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 21 March 2021, 09:12:04 AM
It's hard to tell but do these Austrian cuirassier also have rear cuirass backplates like the 1809 range?

I'll have a check of that for you tomorrow.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 21 March 2021, 09:12:04 AM

Hard to tell to be honest, the painter has painted the backs silver but there's no obvious raised detailing to show a cuirass being there.

Zippee

Classy!
They should be black (as should the front) if there - although they shouldn't be there at all  :D

John Cook

Zippee

that's the biggest sprig of oak leaves I've seen yet!

and possibly the shortest shabraque ...

although that's earlier than 1812 if the placement of the shoulder strap is anything to go by

John Cook

Well it is as primary a source as you are likely to get I think.  It is one of a series of watercolours of the Austrian army painted in 1814 by Johann Adam Klein.  He also did studies of the Russian and Bavarian armies in the same year.

Zippee