The painting competition comments thread.

Started by Techno II, 05 February 2021, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

But most mutations die sad and premature deaths.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Many do but some thrive and flourish - evolution in action. IDIC :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

andymac

Really glad i am not a judge any more there are some really hard decisions to be made and we are not finished yet
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Smithy

Wow, there is some truly fabulous work on show here (not including my humble offerings in that statement!).
But very much inspiring and motivating me to keep on pushing my painting ability

Blind Musketeer

Wait a minute. . . did I just see eyeballs painted on a 10mm LOA French??  :o

that's incredible!

hammurabi70

Quote from: Blind Musketeer on 17 February 2021, 08:46:38 PM
Wait a minute. . . did I just see eyeballs painted on a 10mm LOA French??  :o

that's incredible!

Back in the 1980s I had a friend who painted eyeballs on 6mm figures; every figure in the army and checkable with a magnifier.  Some people are brilliant.

Techno II

Quote from: andymac on 17 February 2021, 06:51:52 PM
Really glad i am not a judge any more there are some really hard decisions to be made and we are not finished yet

I'm with you on that, Andy !

I used to end up with a blinding headache when there were just the six (?) of us doing the marking.
Much prefer the new method. ;)......But it's still going to hard to choose...Stunning stuff there already.

Cheers - Phil :)

sean66

Bad news my paint shipment from Pendraken doesn't have the colours i need  :'(
tried a local (German) hobby store last night their website said it had the colours I needed, so ordered  :)
Ten minutes later dreaded e mail. I'm sorry we dont have those colours in stock  :o :'(
:- now what to paint for the Painting Competition.
Regards
Sean

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leon

Quote from: sean66 on 18 February 2021, 08:55:41 AM
tried a local (German) hobby store last night their website said it had the colours I needed, so ordered  :)
Ten minutes later dreaded e mail. I'm sorry we dont have those colours in stock  :o :'(

I think it's a shortage at Vallejo's end sadly so could be Covid related.  Our UK supplier has just had a massive delivery come in but there's about a dozen colours missing from it, including white!  I'm trying to find out when they're expecting another restock so hopefully it's not far away.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Big Insect

Quote from: sean66 on 18 February 2021, 08:55:41 AM
Regards
Sean

Might have to resort to GW (wash my mouth out) ... I heard that their sloth-belly white is pretty good  :'(
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Big Insect

There is some cracking entries in that Open Army section ... I think it will be a tough choice for the judges this year.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.