The painting competition comments thread.

Started by Techno II, 05 February 2021, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

airhead

Quote from: mollinary on 25 February 2021, 07:35:20 PM
Hi Leon,

I notice that in this year's competition there are a number of otherwise excellent entries which don't entirely conform to the rules (too many photos, too many vehicles).   I do hope their authors  are going to be encouraged to modify these entries before the completion date, rather than being disqualified afterwards?  It would be a great shame if any of these lovely pieces did not get considered over technicalities!

Hi mollinary/Leon,
There was me thinking I'd struggle posting the pics, easy as! Counting the number of tanks above 3 however has proved more problematic, lol.
Looked for a way to remove the post, but no luck. Could you please remove the post Leon? I will post an updated entry. Thanks for the prompt mollinary. Best Regards Airhead

Leon

Quote from: airhead on 26 February 2021, 02:45:19 PM
Hi mollinary/Leon,
There was me thinking I'd struggle posting the pics, easy as! Counting the number of tanks above 3 however has proved more problematic, lol.
Looked for a way to remove the post, but no luck. Could you please remove the post Leon? I will post an updated entry. Thanks for the prompt mollinary. Best Regards Airhead

No worries, if you pop me the replacement image pics by email (or post them here) and I'll update the entry for you, no worries!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Big Insect

I just need to work out how to upload my entries now  ;D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

mollinary

Quote from: airhead on 26 February 2021, 02:45:19 PM
Hi mollinary/Leon,

You are more than welcome, I should have known Leon was on the case, but with everything he has to cope with I thought it would be worth pointing out. It would have been a crying shame if folk hadn't got to vote for your beautiful tanks!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Techno II

Bloomin' 'eck !!!!

There 's SO many truly superb entries. I still don't know how I'll give my vote(s) in each catagory.

Cheers - Phil  :)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ray Rivers

Yep!

Lots of great entries.

Voting will be difficult.

FierceKitty

My Hussites will be an acceptable compromise.  ;D
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Coenus Scaldingus

Too many terrific entries to comment on them individually, but as someone rather new to the 10mm scene, the competition definitely beautifully illustrates both the impressive factor of entire units and armies of 10mm miniatures while also highlighting the amount of detail that can still be achieved on them. Very inspiring stuff all around!

Might only have time to finish and photograph one or two entries for myself this year, but hope to be back next year with an entire army perhaps...
2021 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Welcome on board and hope to see a few entries, if oyu have time to post today. I'm off to take my photos soon...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

disco_roc

I upload my entry for the competition!. In the next weeks I'm going to upload to Youtube "How to paint" videos of confederate cavalry, infantry and artillery.

mmcv

Phew, all my entries submitted!

Some absolutely fantastic stuff here, good luck everyone!  :D