The painting competition comments thread.

Started by Techno II, 05 February 2021, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

This is probably just reprising what is said above

Separating out 20th Century makes sense due to the drab uniforms (again hard to have date based rules as the British where in Khaki in the late 1800s but the French where still in bright uniforms till 1915)

If there is a need to split the earlier group, I'd suggest going for around 1600 as the split, basically so that you have armoured troops in the earlier part and the start of uniforms in the later part. But it still feels somewhat arbitrary
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

I'll have a think for the next competition.  Splitting them is easy enough but we'd need to stump up another £60 in prizes and go knocking on some doors for another bonus prize!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Leon on 02 March 2021, 08:46:40 PM
I'll have a think for the next competition.  Splitting them is easy enough but we'd need to stump up another £60 in prizes and go knocking on some doors for another bonus prize!

We were hoping you wouldn't spot that...

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Big Insect on 02 March 2021, 10:25:06 AM
I agree Steve ... and what is a uniform ... as we see uniformed units back to the Hellenistic/Successor period and further back in China.

I like the idea of a Pike & Musket & before v a Horse & Musket later period - you'll always get exceptions but maybe a pre 1700 and post 1700 to end of C.19th.

Ahh yes: Irregulars and Regulars - as per the Barkerese dialect.

Scolty

Hi Leon,
Thanks for re-sizing the photo. Sorry about the poor quality. That's what happens when you buy your wife a new camera!
I was hoping to re-submit but work issues unfortunately took precedence.
Only now getting a chance to view the entries and voting.
As others have stated - fantastic work on show. Always an inspiration.

Scolty

Leon

Quote from: Scolty on 03 March 2021, 10:28:11 AM
Thanks for re-sizing the photo. Sorry about the poor quality. That's what happens when you buy your wife a new camera!
I was hoping to re-submit but work issues unfortunately took precedence.
Only now getting a chance to view the entries and voting.
As others have stated - fantastic work on show. Always an inspiration.

No worries, if you've got another image to hand pop it over and I'll edit it in for you.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Scolty

Cheers Leon.

Will try and get some pics posted (properly) to the photos section in due course.
Currently working on AWI and WoTR. Looking forward to the Peninsular stuff!!

Scolty