New Feudal Japanese released!

Started by Leon, 04 June 2020, 01:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

Quote from: Leon on 04 June 2020, 11:29:58 PM
As mmcv says, they were used as improvised defences in a variety of ways.  Our sculptor had made a single one for us to duplicate for the Kuruma Date shield, so we thought we might as well pop it in the range as well.  I've attached a picture our sculptor sent us of a selection of defences (ignore his writing on it!)

The stacked bails of bamboo in bottom right hand corner also look interesting.
As does that mobile siege platform ... but I'd like a Portable Shrine before either please  :D pretty please  :D

I also like the Horo -tsukaiban standard from the resources sheet - very interesting.

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Dave Fielder

Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Ithoriel

Leon, a very small niggle in the face of such a great new range but I believe FEU33 should be "Uma Jirushi banners (5)" not "Uma Jinushi banners (5)" as listed currently.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Dave Fielder

#Seppuku is the only way out from this  :o
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leon

Quote from: Big Insect on 05 June 2020, 11:12:40 AM
... but I'd like a Portable Shrine before either please  :D pretty please  :D

Is that the big gold box carried by about 16 blokes?!  I'll see what we can do...

Quote from: Ithoriel on 05 June 2020, 01:25:47 PM
Leon, a very small niggle in the face of such a great new range but I believe FEU33 should be "Uma Jirushi banners (5)" not "Uma Jinushi banners (5)" as listed currently.

Good spot, I've updated that.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 June 2020, 05:47:50 PM
http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,10187.0.html

Yeah, that's what I'd seen elsewhere.  It's not a difficult piece to do, a bit fiddly but we can talk to one of our designers about it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

A portable shrine would be cool
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Nick the Lemming

Some mounted ikko ikki / monks would be cool too...

Dannyboy

Simply superb range of figs, and surely should prove popular for an authentic mass effect of the later Samurai period. Plus one for a portable shrine, and can we have a pack of Nobori banner bearers, these were the tall household banners of the elite Daimyo. Please see third figure from left below:
https://twitter.com/KingsfordMinis/status/1043626807604346880/photo/1

Outstanding resource of Samurai Heraldry
http://www.johnstuart.biz/historical_artwork_of_samurai_ba.htm

FierceKitty

Nobori are effortless conversions. Just use a pikeman.

Big Insect

Quote from: Leon on 05 June 2020, 05:41:18 PM
Is that the big gold box carried by about 16 blokes?!  I'll see what we can do...

You got it Leon - ideal for scenarios with belligerent monks - forcing local villagers & townsfolk to knee and respect it - thanks  :D

I'd also like a lot more Ikko Ikki type fighting peasant variants if possible - I'll have to do a search for images - but I remember seeing some contemporary wood-cuts of the Ikko Ikki in a rag-bag mix of looted helmets (no armour) and assorted bits of armour such as just a breast plates or just the arm armour (the bag type mail sleeves - tied across the shoulders) - or even just the armoured tasset-skirts off a harness. Those without helmets with headbands. All in smock type tops and bear legs - running with a mix of long shafted polearms, yari and just sharpened bamboo sticks.  It's an army I have always wanted. And you'd need a heck of a lot of figures.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

FierceKitty

Careful. Check the dates. I've got a lot of woodblock prints (not woodcuts) that are no more contemporary with Sengoku battles than I am with the Crimean war.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Big Insect on 06 June 2020, 03:55:27 PM
All in smock type tops and bear legs

Talking of bears legs :) (nice typo btw)... and the rest of the bear .... any chance they're included in 10 Days of Shiny? One can hope!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

That was masterful Ithoriel, absolutely beautiful.

You are the Master.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!