BKC-IV Errata!

Started by Leon, 14 November 2019, 10:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

Quote from: Matt1tibby on 22 November 2019, 11:44:27 PM
I've had chance to look at the BKC IV errata, and there are a few things that seem to be wrong in them, or is it just me? 

1.   Page 1 - the reference to page 20, in the line above Profile Page 8, I think should be page 78 when it discusses Low Profile?

2.   Page 2 – Terrain, Target Unit Table-Page 15, that should be Page 13?

3.   Page 6 – Field defences table. I like the changes in this, but doesn't it disagree with the Saves Table on page 36, and the Fortifications table at the bottom of page 11?

There are also a few typos which I haven't detailed.

Errata on Errata - that might be a 1st - so thank you Matt
I am sure we can make those changes easily as this is a PDF version
Thanks for being so eagle-eyed
Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Matt1tibby

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Sorry its a moaning debut.... I had seen the save of 15, but missed it when I typed the message.. Is that an errata in the errata document errata message?

Leon

Quote from: Matt1tibby on 22 November 2019, 11:44:27 PM
2.   Page 2 – Terrain, Target Unit Table-Page 15, that should be Page 13?

There are also a few typos which I haven't detailed.

That one is definitely just a typo, I'll get the pdf edited.  If you've got a list of any other typos in there, drop to me in an email and I'll make sure that they get fixed.

Quote from: Dr Dave on 23 November 2019, 11:15:46 AM
Vehicle scrape has a save of "15" - Should say "5" right?

I'll get that one fixed as well!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Will you just hurry up and get on with it, Will.

The suspense is killing me.

Cheers - Phil ;)

Matt1tibby

The typos I mentioned:
Page 4 - final paragraph in the Flamethrowers section "No battlegroup may contain more that 3", should be "more than"
Page 5 - Advance to contact second paragraph "and an assault with occur" should be "will occur"

T13A

Hi Leon

I have the hardcopy rulebook but was just wondering if the errata stuff has been incorporated into the PDF version (trying to amend the book is quite hard if not impossible). 

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Leon

Quote from: T13A on 12 January 2020, 05:23:28 PM
I have the hardcopy rulebook but was just wondering if the errata stuff has been incorporated into the PDF version (trying to amend the book is quite hard if not impossible). 

Cheers Paul

It will be but I've not uploaded that to Wargame Vault just yet.  Some of the Errata text has pushed other text off a few pages, so I need to go through and do some formatting work to make it all fit properly.  Once that's done I'll get it converted to pdf, add in the hyperlinks and get it uploaded to Wargame Vault.  Everyone who bought a pdf copy will get an email to let you know when it's available to download.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt1tibby

Hi Leon,

I was just wondering what the position is on the updated/amended errata? We're delaying playing the rules until they're ready...

Thanks Matt

Leon

Quote from: Matt1tibby on 27 February 2020, 11:32:24 PM
I was just wondering what the position is on the updated/amended errata? We're delaying playing the rules until they're ready...

Is that the Errata document or the updated pdf from Wargame Vault?  The Errata doc is available here: https://pendraken.co.uk/ProductImages/BKC-IVRulesErrata.pdf so no worries on that front.  There will be further updates to that as we progress, but we'll let folks know here when that happens.

The Wargame Vault pdf is due to be done but we're just waiting on a decision on the Infantry profiles query raised here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,19439.0.html  Once we've figured out which way to go with that, I can finalise the document and get it uploaded to WV.

Matt1tibby

Leon,

Thanks. It was the errata doc, I have the link, but I was wondering if/when it was being updated to fix the errors discussed above?

Thanks, Matt

Leon

Those will be included when I do the next update, it should be middle of next week hopefully.

Matt1tibby

Leon

The updated Errata sheet is now available here: http://bit.ly/BKCErrataMar20

Changes include the End Phase wording and some corrections to the various Save value tables across the rules.

Amra

Have these changes been put into the Wargames Vault PDF yet ?