Pendraken Painting Competition 2016!

Started by Leon, 17 January 2016, 02:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Leon on 17 January 2016, 05:50:29 PM
Yep, as Roy says above, as long as it's been painted in the past 12 months then you're good to go.  It's not really a 'What can you paint right now' competition, more a celebration of what everyone has achieved over the last year.

8)

Oh! I suspect a few of us are planning the annual February stress paint! :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

andymac

Yeah!  just got my internet back up and running in time, down since Xmas and was getting alittle worried.

Looking forward again to seeing the increasing standard of painting, which has risen yearly.  This means though a bad head for a few days when it comes to judgeing. 

Good luck to all

Andy Mac
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

nikharwood

Totally agreed, Andy - it's a nice headache to have though. I'm delighted to be judging again - and looking forward to it once more.

And, dear entrants, don't forget, I drink Single Malt - none of that blended rubbish. We can do an internal investigation into competition-fixing in about another couple of decades once it's truly out of hand (FIFA anyone?!)  <) :d <)

andymac

I go with Nik about the single malt, but please only Scots will do.  I may live in Wales but I don't have to drink their whisky  :( (any one who has tried Penderyn will know what I mean.
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

fsn

Quote from: andymac on 18 January 2016, 04:30:40 PM
Looking forward again to seeing the increasing standard of painting, which has risen yearly. 

I'll soon sort that out for you.  :D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

maciek

I would suggest to change a bit "pre 20th century foot" and incrase the number of figures to 18 - its 3 stands of 6 on one movement tray.
Most of LoA and AWI regiments comes this way.
Please, Leon do this and I promise to rock this category this year  :)
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon026

Quote from: andymac on 18 January 2016, 05:03:40 PM
I go with Nik about the single malt, but please only Scots will do.  I may live in Wales but I don't have to drink their whisky  :( (any one who has tried Penderyn will know what I mean.

Really? Not even Nikka from the barrel? That's a shame  ;D

+1 for changing the pre-20th foot to an 18 figure limit as well :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: maciek on 19 January 2016, 07:44:45 AM
I would suggest to change a bit "pre 20th century foot" and incrase the number of figures to 18 - its 3 stands of 6 on one movement tray.

Quote from: Leon026 on 19 January 2016, 01:04:28 PM
+1 for changing the pre-20th foot to an 18 figure limit as well :)

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 January 2016, 01:20:30 PM
But what happens if we base in30s?  :-\

You'll all have to photo your units carefully then, to make sure only 16 are visible...!   :D

We can have a look at changing the rules for next year's comp, but it's a bit late for this year really as everything has been announced already over the interwebs...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: nikharwood on 18 January 2016, 04:42:34 PM
And, dear entrants, don't forget, I drink Single Malt - none of that blended rubbish. We can do an internal investigation into competition-fixing in about another couple of decades once it's truly out of hand (FIFA anyone?!)  <) :d <)

Four cans of Stella, for me please......(Each !)  ;)

Cheers - (Hic) - Phil.

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 19 January 2016, 03:32:59 PM
Four cans of Stella, for me please......(Each !)  ;)

Cheers - (Hic) - Phil.

That was four cans per figure on the base was't it Phil

P.S if you really want to bring on the heavy guns to influence Phil  Waaaay beyond Stella, its White Lightning for MIL.   ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Womble67

Looking forward to taking part in this again

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 19 January 2016, 07:47:52 PM
P.S if you really want to bring on the heavy guns to influence Phil  Waaaay beyond Stella, its White Lightning for MIL.   ;D

She's unsteady enough on her feet, without doing that ! X_X

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 20 January 2016, 07:29:15 AM
She's unsteady enough on her feet, without doing that ! X_X

Cheers - Phil

Yes its a sort of negative bribe (well call it blackmail)  "either you vote my figues painted in the dark with a 1" brush and household emulsion as the top figure in the competition, or I supply MIL with 3 gallons of  White lightning and you spend the next three weeks in casualty with said MIL."  :)

This is of course if your still breathing after Mrs T finds out that its down to you that MIL was sent the White Lightening in the first place.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson