French Napoleonics, 1809

Started by Leon026, 13 November 2014, 05:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon026

13 November 2014, 05:50:33 PM Last Edit: 13 November 2014, 05:52:37 PM by Leon026
Bit ashamed to post my stuff here, as some of the painters I've seen on this forums are just... stunning.

But figured it would be a shame not to share some of my stuff as well. I tried to hand paint some of the flags (which I felt melded with the figs better than the printed stuff).

Also unsure about the blue. Feels a bit too bright, yet its intended for gaming where colors do need to stand out a bit, so I'm a bit unsure. Feedback would be most appreciated!

There are more images and close ups on my blog -> battlegoatsandtrumpets.blogspot.com

petercooman

Looks superb to me! No need to be ashamed!

ANd Welcome! As this is your first post  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No shame at all, those are really good paint jobs.
You need a lighter shade sometimes with 10mm to make them stand out.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: petercooman on 13 November 2014, 05:55:35 PM
Looks superb to me! No need to be ashamed!

ANd Welcome! As this is your first post  ;)

Absolutely!

Really nicely painted, love the standards. I prefer painted flags to printed ones - though my painting is such that I tend to use printed myself these days.

Nice blog - liked the Battle Report on the FoW game.

Welcome to the Pendraken funny farm .... err, forum!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon026

Quote from: Ithoriel on 13 November 2014, 06:03:12 PM
Welcome to the Pendraken funny farm .... err, forum!

Haha, thanks for the welcomes! I have to say, I've honestly fallen in love with the Pendraken 10mm napoleonics. I've never really been "in" to Napoleonics before, and I did paint up some masses of 6mm stuff from Baccus, but I hated how I had to go through all the work just for a brigade of four bases looked good. It was just too small, and while the 28mm stuff looked amazing, I don't like the scale to game with. After much debate between 15mm/18mm and 10mm.... I tried 10mm to preserve the 6mm massed feel, and wow, these are amazing to paint.

Leon from customer support has been incredibly helpful too, so I've got another couple french battalions/regiments to paint before I begin ze Austrians :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

'Leon from customer support'

Looks like we've  established  the existence of another of the Dark Lird's clones chaps!  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Flodin

Great work, particularly hussars  :)

paulr

Welcome

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Those are figures to be proud of and once you get them on a table with some terrain you will be wondering if the blue is bright enough  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Welcome, Leon. (To the friendliest and maddest forum on the net.)
Those look damn fine to me !
Ashamed ?......You certainly shouldn't be.
Cheers - Phil

Leon

Hi Leon, welcome to the Forum!   8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Really nice looking force, great painting and basing.

So that we can all see the figures better, you could try cropping some of the photos to focus in on the figures, rather than the nice desk  ;)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Hertsblue

Welcome to the Twilight Zone!

I agree with everyone else - nothing whatever to be ashamed of. They look great.

And the mantra when painting smaller figures is "paint light", otherwise they're just dark blobs.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

WeeWars

The French Napoleonic marching songs appear to be doing a good job inspiring you, Leon! Don't think you need much advice on how to paint small figures, your 6mm Napoleonics are equally excellent! And your vehicles are stunning! Good to see you've had a shot at a kneeling voltigeur – a skirmishing pose that would be nice to see included in the range. Foundry do a triad of French blues, if you're interested. I share your liking for a battle-worn, rag-tag look. I've never embraced the lighter colour theory, myself.

Cheers, Michael
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Very nice indeed.  And welcome to the forum

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Never underestimate your abilities. These look great AND you've produced enough to game with. Great stuff.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!