Pendraken Plans for 2024!

Started by Leon, 15 January 2024, 01:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

2023 was another big year with a lot of new ranges and new product lines, as well as ticking off some big jobs like the website photos.  But a new year calls for an optimistic look ahead at what we'll be working on over the next 12 months!

I'll try and arrange these in a roughly chronological order, based on the months that we'll be working on each project.

10mm Sci-Fi Expansion!
Our main project for the year is the expansion of our new Sci-Fi ranges.  The first two were released earlier today (more info here: https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,22857.0.html) and then we'll have the next two available in a fortnight's time, followed by ranges 5 and 6 in early February.

This will continue through the rest of the year with new ranges hopefully appearing in March, May, July and September, giving us 10 new ranges and circa 200 new products by the end of the year.  These will be supported by some buildings and scenery along the way too.

We'll be working on the Future War rules but we don't have any timescales for this yet.

28mm Crossover Miniatures
We've licensed the full ranges of these 28mm Superheroes and we've made new moulds for them all here at Pendraken HQ.  We're currently casting up stock and getting an initial batch over to Rusti in the States too, so we'll have them added to the website later this month.

Multi-Scale Flags
We've also reached an agreement to license and sell another company's flag ranges, covering multiple periods and scales.  We'll have more news on this and I'd hope to have these added to the website this month.

10mm AWI Additions
Clib previewed some more AWI additions last year here: https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,22609.0.html and here: https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,22744.0.html which have arrived with us at Pendraken HQ.  Once the Sci-Fi moulds have been done we'll then move on to these releases in February, for release in early March.

10mm Indo-China French expansion
These have been at Pendraken HQ for a while now so we'll be approaching these in February, ready for a release in March.  I'll get some photos of the sculpts for everything to look at too.

10mm ACW Additions
We've had a lot of requests for additions to this range so one of our sculptors will be taking care of these over the next few months. So things like Western Theatre infantry, new cavalry types, as well as Custer and the 7th Cavalry to go with our Plains War range.

10mm Modern Vehicles
The next batch of additions to our modern vehicles are going to be trucks mainly, for the Brits, US and Soviets firstly.  We might add in the T-72 tanks while we're at it.

10mm WWII Artillery crews revamp
We've had all of the older WWII artillery crews resculpted so we'll be going through an extensive remoulding process to get them all into production (and arranged more efficiently).  This is quite a task so we'll be starting it around June time.

10mm TB Line
These have been delayed far too long, so I've put the TB Line Mongols down as a July job.  I'll get them all cleaned up and get the eight new production moulds made.  Their Ancients ranges will need to go off to Techno for some work, so that'll be a little later in the year.

10mm Dungeon World
In August we'll finally start working on the revamp of our Dungeons, with new modules ready to come online, fresh moulds for the monsters and furniture, and a revamped set of rules too.  We'll also be able to bring back the oft-requested Dungeon Starter Sets!

12mm Fantasy ranges
The new Amazons and Ratmen didn't get any attention in 2023 so we'll be getting to these in Mar/Apr and Jul/Aug respectively.  Release timescales should be the following months (so May and Sept) as long as everything else goes to plan!  The Fomorians are still on Techno's table too, so we'll take a look at those towards the end of the year.

10mm Bronze Age Middle East
This one hasn't been mentioned previously but after a chat with our sculptor, he's asked if he can dive into these for us after he's finished the ACW additions.  We don't have any details on exactly which ranges we'll be doing yet, but we'd be looking at things like Hittites, Sea Peoples, Egyptians, Akkadians, Nubians, Assyrians, etc.  These will be sculpted in the second half of the year and we'll have more info for you in the summer.

Multi-Scale Red Vectors
Most of our plans for new MDF products had to be halted due to our 2D designer moving on to a new job, and we've not been able to replace him yet.  We've approached our local University to see if they've got any design students who might be looking for a part-time job so I'm hoping to hear back from them in the next couple of weeks.

And a few other things:

Cold War Commander lists
Mark Fry has been working on all of the main lists to make sure that we've got consistency across the different nations, so once that's done we'll update all of the download files and let everyone know.  There's a handful of new lists ready to format for the European NATO nations as well.

Painting Competition
The Painting Competition will be back in February so get your entries ready and we'll have more info on the competition soon.

Events
Last year we had a variety of events in our games room including Blood Red Skies, 15mm Naps, Pathfinder RPGs and more.  This year we're hoping to have more regular events so if you think there might be something that we can work together on, get in touch and we'll have a chat.

That's just about it for now I think.  There's a few odds and ends that'll find their way into production along the way but I've covered the main projects there. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leon on 15 January 2024, 01:43:26 AM

28mm Crossover Miniatures

10mm WWII Artillery crews revamp

10mm TB Line

10mm Dungeon World

12mm Fantasy ranges

Multi-Scale Red Vectors

I see many additions to the lead/ resin/ mdf mountain ranges in the coming months!

My personal "Carthago delenda est!" - any chance the WW2 three-men-in-a-trench might slip in alongside the artillerymen?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

whubble

Much for me to ponder here, the AWI will be most welcome, the proposed 10mm Bronze Age Middle East may also make a call upon my wallet/credit facilities. Wishing you all a busy and prosperous new year. ;)

Steve J

Nice to see everything laid out in this sort of order and aside from the AWI additions, the Bronze Age stuff sounds very interesting :) .

Duke Speedy of Leighton

This, alone, is fantastic news:
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 15 January 2024, 01:58:46 AMI see many additions to the lead/ resin/ mdf mountain ranges in the coming months!

My personal "Carthago delenda est!" - any chance the WW2 three-men-in-a-trench might slip in alongside the artillerymen?

Yes, the three men in a trench for all WW2 belligerents. would be really useful.

It will only be the helmet that really notices, so some could be quite generic.

eg Italians, Normal Poles and Russians all used the same basic helmet so  could be done with a single casting.
likewise Germans and Polish 10th brigade and French infantry and Polish Cavalry
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: Ithoriel on 15 January 2024, 01:58:46 AMMy personal "Carthago delenda est!" - any chance the WW2 three-men-in-a-trench might slip in alongside the artillerymen?

I'll chase that one up as it had slipped my mind to be honest.  The resin base is easy enough so then it's just a case of chopping some guys in half...!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sebigboss79

Excellent news. Looking forward, in fact ACW will fit the rules I just published.  :D

fsn

10mm Sci-Fi Expansion!
You say 10 new ranges. There are 6 human which gives ... err ... um ... carry the one ... some others. Presumably aliens?

Multi-Scale Flags
The could be very good news. I always feel a bit disloyal going elsewhere for the flags.

10mm ACW Additions
Those Plains War will be very interesting.

10mm Modern Vehicles
Yay! I love softskins.  8-> Stalwart, Stalwart, Stalwart 8->

12mm Fantasy ranges
Huzzah for the Amazons!

Another yay! Can I make a plea for Myceneans in Dendra armour? I always wanted Brad Pitt to try all that jumpy stuff he did in Troy if he were properly dressed as a dustbin.   

Painting Competition
Annual Humiliation!  :-bd 

In the odds and ends, please could you add some harnessed horses? Thank you. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 15 January 2024, 07:07:22 PM10mm Sci-Fi Expansion!
You say 10 new ranges. There are 6 human which gives ... err ... um ... carry the one ... some others. Presumably aliens?

Yep, the next two are a locust-style alien race and then we've got some goat/grey alien hybrids.  Dogs are on the plan as well as space ducks...  Plus scavenger/space junk guys, water bears, expanding the existing bugs into a proper range, etc.

Quote from: fsn on 15 January 2024, 07:07:22 PM10mm Modern Vehicles
Yay! I love softskins.  8-> Stalwart, Stalwart, Stalwart 8->

I think we were looking at the Bedford RL for the Brits but I'll see if we can add the Stalwart in too!

Quote from: fsn on 15 January 2024, 07:07:22 PM10mm Bronze Age Middle East
Another yay! Can I make a plea for Myceneans in Dendra armour? I always wanted Brad Pitt to try all that jumpy stuff he did in Troy if he were properly dressed as a dustbin.   

Remind me when we get closer to the time (we'll put up some prospective range lists) and then we'll make sure the sculptor includes those.  The Bronze Age is one of his personal interest areas so I'm leaving the ranges/structure in his hands for now.

Quote from: fsn on 15 January 2024, 07:07:22 PMIn the odds and ends, please could you add some harnessed horses? Thank you. 

And yep, I'll get those sorted out too!

paulr

I don't have any Book I DBA armies :-\
Or chariots :-\
X_X
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

Quote from: Leon on 16 January 2024, 01:01:22 AMI think we were looking at the Bedford RL for the Brits but I'll see if we can add the Stalwart in too!

If I can ask, please, does that mean no Bedford MK/MJ models, for those collecting British Army (and others) post-1970+?
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

kipt

And I thought I was done with my ACW... Here come the westerners!

mmcv

Quote10mm Bronze Age Middle East

This one hasn't been mentioned previously but after a chat with our sculptor, he's asked if he can dive into these for us after he's finished the ACW additions.  We don't have any details on exactly which ranges we'll be doing yet, but we'd be looking at things like Hittites, Sea Peoples, Egyptians, Akkadians, Nubians, Assyrians, etc.  These will be sculpted in the second half of the year and we'll have more info for you in the summer.

Be still my beating heart...

Even though I have a mountain of bronze already.

And haven't painted anything in months.

I've plenty of time to prepare though...

Raider4

QuoteBe still my beating heart...

Be careful what you wish for  ;) .