Fantasy armies for a custom RISK board game

Started by Noktu, 18 August 2018, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noktu

10 December 2019, 02:50:00 PM #195 Last Edit: 10 December 2019, 03:06:34 PM by Noktu
Quote from: Paul.B on 09 December 2019, 10:18:30 AM
Thank Noktu, that would be great, I would be keen to see them!  :)

So sorry for the late reply! Been occupied with our two new kittens we got, so I totally forgot to check back with you.

I have to apologize, as my memory served me wrong. These are actually rather compatible! The Pendraken miniatures are from the late medieval line. [EDIT:] Under a closer inspection the Bravados are slightly taller!

41 by Atte, on Flickr

Also I've been making some progress on my Medieval World gaming board.

Would again love some hints as how to improve the ground, maybe more grass plots?

39 by Atte, on Flickr

33 by Atte, on Flickr

35 by Atte, on Flickr

34 by Atte, on Flickr

36 by Atte, on Flickr

38 by Atte, on Flickr

Also tried some Woodland Scenics water effect which is drying at the very moment.

40 by Atte, on Flickr

Sorry for the bad pictures, just threw something quickly together to showcase all kinds of parts which are included in the world.

toxicpixie

That looks superb!

Nicely done on, well, everything :)

Great job on the water effect in particular.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

That board is very impressive! Not sure the ground needs "improved" to be honest, I think it works well as is.

To me, the bravados fit well with the GW Warmaster figures and with Pendraken's fantasy stuff and are a little bigger than the historical stuff but not outrageously so.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Really looks excellent, Atte.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Paul.B

Quote from: Noktu on 10 December 2019, 02:50:00 PM
So sorry for the late reply! Been occupied with our two new kittens we got, so I totally forgot to check back with you.

I have to apologize, as my memory served me wrong. These are actually rather compatible! The Pendraken miniatures are from the late medieval line. [EDIT:] Under a closer inspection the Bravados are slightly taller!

41 by Atte, on Flickr

No problem! Thanks for the images! They do indeed appear to scale fairly well, at least by my standards - I have those Pendraken minis so I get a good sense of the comparison in size. I was more concerned about the Bravados being overly chunky than the height, which is not too bad and if I need to I can correct it  a bit by trimming the bottom of the feet slightly (I tend to put a lot of grass and stuff round the feet anyway so it won't get noticed!)

Thanks again! Lovely board as well  :)

paulr

An alternative to deal with height is to add a shim under the Pendraken figures to make them taller ;)

I did this when mixing League of Augsburg and ECW officers on the same base
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Kittens are a worthy excuse for anything at all.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

I agree with the others that it looks pretty damned good as is 8).

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Noktu

Had a friend 3D print me this piece, that I painted for a boardgame that I've got pre-ordered.

Marquise Keep by Atte, on Flickr

Steve J

Techno