Colonial Sudan requests

Started by Nick the Lemming, 04 February 2014, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: mike40k on 02 January 2020, 02:18:30 AM
Egyptian civilians
European civilians (unless victorian civvies are in another line that I simply missed?)

We've got the Sudan civilians, would they be much different from the Egyptians?

And then we've got the new British civilians in the Indian Mutiny range:

Maybe mix and match a bit with the ACW civilians?

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

Fuzzy wuzzies with rifles (or matchlocks) +2

sultanbev

Fuzzy wuzzy cavalry with spear
Fuzzy wuzzy camelry with spear

Mark

Ace of Spades

Quote from: mike40k on 02 January 2020, 02:18:30 AM

British Hussars
Gardner gun and naval crew
Gardner gun and Egyptian crew
Camel Corps command figures, mounted and dismounted. And maybe an alternate pose for the dismounted camel corps.
Egyptian Camel Corps
Egyptian cavalry command
Mahdists in long jibbahs
Fuzzy Wuzzies with rifles
Characters (The Mahdi, Osman Digna, Gordon, Wolesley, Hicks Pasha, Col. Burnaby etc)
Another, bigger steamship (one can dream!)
Gordon's Sudanese/irregulars
Egyptian civilians
European civilians (unless victorian civvies are in another line that I simply missed?)

Well; I'd like to add my vote to all of the above although I believe a bigger steamer would better be done in laser cut mdf?
If there is still some some room left: Bazinger irregulars would be nice as well as Egyptian infantry in the long Galoubieh smock and with turban/scarf for headwear... asking for Egyptian cuirassiers might be stretching it a bit...? ;-)

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Risaldar Singh

Marching British infantry wearing kilt, a conversion of BW41 British foot, marching would be fine.

Sunray

I was looking for Gordon in a fez as a depot Arab monarch figure -  a King Farouk type   

FierceKitty

Gordon was a front-line type, not a depot clerky sort.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Sunray

Quote from: FierceKitty on 25 February 2020, 11:28:25 AM
Gordon was a front-line type, not a depot clerky sort.

SORRY - MY TYPO - My despot Arab ruler will be a front line type-  always interfering with his subordinate but competent commanders.  No bad thing as the opposition are not really geared to defence against his T34/85s .   It will all be in the dice.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Sunray on 25 February 2020, 05:06:44 PM
SORRY - MY TYPO - My despot Arab ruler will be a front line type-  always interfering with his subordinate but competent commanders.  No bad thing as the opposition are not really geared to defence against his T34/85s .   It will all be in the dice.

There's always the Sudan Egyptian officer

or the WW1 British High command with cane (with possibly an added head from an Egyptian type)

Sunray

Hi Victor - belated happy new year to you!

Thank you very much for the job you do as "scrounger".  If I was ever a POW I would want you in my hut!  :)

Yes, looked at the Egyptian -  I would have to amputate the sword which runs into the fez.  Yeah - might work.  Tunic looks kind of spartan.

I also looked at WW1 Turks - Sevki Bey - but his hat appears to be - fur ?

Best wishes

James

FierceKitty

19 April 2020, 04:11:19 AM #40 Last Edit: 19 April 2020, 04:16:57 AM by FierceKitty
It would be a minority sales figure, I'm sure, but a mounted Victorian lady (side saddle of course) would be a fun addition for scenarios. Right now I'm GMing a Sudan mini campaign, and Sir Percy's...ummm...special friend Lady Priscilla has no figure to represent her. There were historically a number of rebellious women who did their versions of Richard Burton's adventures (there was even a strikingly dull movie about one a few years ago).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ace of Spades

don't forget some of the Turks from the Russo-Turkish wars. I added some to my Egyptians; especially the command packs. And some of the Zouave style dressed Turks for the Sudan as well.
for staff officers I got some French 1870 style officers. Reshaping the kepi into a fez should be managable.

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toolsey

I must admit to not liking the dismounted Camel Corps miniature as well ,I mean why would he be marching and where's the camel ,surely at ready would be a more realistic pose for him .

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!