Entries Discussion thread!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 02 February 2014, 08:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 February 2014, 08:13:08 PM
Just seen Hertoroi's jumbo in single base entry.

Wooooooooow!
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Isn't it just! Sign of brilliant painting is if you mistake the model for something in a bigger scale. That pachyderm could pass a 15mm or even bigger.  =D> =D> =D>
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Roy

Quote from: fred    12df on 06 February 2014, 08:04:35 PM
"my new blog - people friendly, no nudity "

That's not quite true is it now....

I think I prefer the painting of the Queen than the bearers. But the extreme contrast can work very well, and really brings out the definition of the sculpting.

*compared to the levels of nudity on my old blog, it's relatively prudish  ;D (but you're right, so I've edited my signature lest I offend any visitors lured in with my mistake. Thanks)

Cheers for your thoughts on my painting - I agree with what you've said. I'm hoping to buy in some more Pendraken toys and really give it a good crack at improving my painting. The smoothness of my paint application being of the highest priority.

Sorry Forum - I've got the dreaded man-flu, and I'm less diplomatic than usual  :)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Hertsblue

Just seen Paulr's entry to the Pre 20th Century Foot class. That's given the judges something to think about!  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: gingerbhoy on 06 February 2014, 07:52:08 PM
er, sorry for this but...where do people post if they want to discuss the competition?

I'm working on a little piece - after biting the bullet and agreeing to come on board for the laugh - but there just seems to be that much banter everywhere, I don't know where to post?

As the other chaps have said, you can either post it in this thread as part of the general entry discussion, or feel free to start a WIP thread in the '2014 Painting Comp' board instead. 

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

hetairoi

QuoteJust seen Hertoroi's jumbo in single base entry.

Wooooooooow!
StarStarStarStarStar

Isn't it just! Sign of brilliant painting is if you mistake the model for something in a bigger scale. That pachyderm could pass a 15mm or even bigger.  Applause Applause Applause

Thank you very much guys, I´m glad you like it!

I think I´ll entry an elephant each year! They are very enjoyable to paint!
http://hetairoiwargames.blogspot.com.es/

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Draft, another lovely PAC diorama there sir! (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Brace yourselves dear sirs, i'm about to spew a boatload of ww2 stuff into the enttry threads  :D :D :D :D :D

petercooman

Done!

Had to go back and edit all my entries though, forgot to resize the pictures  ~X( ~X(

Done now and more easy to look now as they fit the pages  ;)

I hope that's ok that i edited them Leon, didn't change anything, just resized them ?

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 10 February 2014, 10:41:23 AM
Had to go back and edit all my entries though, forgot to resize the pictures  ~X( ~X(

Done now and more easy to look now as they fit the pages  ;)

I hope that's ok that i edited them Leon, didn't change anything, just resized them ?

No problem at all, and the Army entries look excellent!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Thanks!!

OR should that be tanks  :-\ :-\

:D

Little question too, can mounted be motorcycles?  :D :D :D :D

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 10 February 2014, 10:45:45 AM
Little question too, can mounted be motorcycles?  :D :D :D :D

I think that was asked in a previous year, and we said they would be better in the 'Single Base' category?

petercooman

Done, just added them for the fun of it  :P

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are some great entries Peter...

Must start mine ..
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Matt J

nice peter  8)

particularly like the paras
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep