Open - Army - Entries Only!

Started by Leon, 01 February 2014, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Please put your entries for the Open - Army! category in this thread. 

Conditions: Armies, Dungeons, whole table setups, anything!

This thread is for entries only, if you would like to comment on the entries, please start a discussion thread.  Please enter each entry as a separate post, just to make it easier to keep track of them when it comes to judging.  This category is also allowed up to 5 photo's per entry.

This category is sponsored by:

Total Battle Miniatures!

Prize: 1 x Hamlet Set (RRP £21) & 1 x Town Set (RRP £52) from Total Battle Miniatures!

"Manufacturers and retailers of an extensive range of wargames buildings, terrain and scenics covering not just the buildings, but the ground they sit on in 3mm, 6mm, 10mm, 15mm, 20mm and 28mm Figure Scales. Total Battle Miniatures comprise of Mark Lambert and Pete Wilkes who have been wargaming longer than they care to admit. All the range is cast in the best possible materials using two part polyurethane resins for both the buildings and the flexible after cure terrain tiles." 

For more info: http://www.totalbattleminiatures.com/

BONUS - The runner-up in this category will also receive a Village Set from Total Battle Miniatures!

Good luck to everyone!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kev1964

02 February 2014, 07:34:06 AM #1 Last Edit: 28 February 2014, 07:57:12 PM by Leon
Hi all,

Here is my first entry, best of luck to everyone, looking forward to seeing some great entries,

kev

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Luddite

02 February 2014, 10:24:22 PM #2 Last Edit: 02 February 2014, 10:27:01 PM by Luddite
My entry.

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

rooster

By Fire and Sword Polish Skirmish force

After seeing the first entry I wasn't sure whether to bother  :-[ but I said I would

rooster

And another - in for a penny ..

By Fire and Sword Swedish skirmish force

petercooman

10 February 2014, 10:24:17 AM #5 Last Edit: 10 February 2014, 10:34:20 AM by petercooman
british para battlegroup

petercooman

10 February 2014, 10:31:16 AM #6 Last Edit: 10 February 2014, 10:33:21 AM by petercooman
russian battlegroup

paulr

15 February 2014, 10:03:49 PM #7 Last Edit: 28 February 2014, 07:57:45 PM by Leon
Part of the American Southern Army - Guilford Court House
15th March, 1781

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Simon Cressey

17 February 2014, 01:14:20 PM #8 Last Edit: 17 February 2014, 01:19:33 PM by Leon
my competition entry i think this is the wright category for this as I was unsure

http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/Simon_Cressey/library/Pendraken%20Painting%20Competition%202014

thanks guys and gals.

(this is my second attempt i think this is the wright way to post i dont use forums i can never work them out and stuff)

marshall1945

17 February 2014, 07:15:58 PM #9 Last Edit: 21 February 2014, 12:32:02 AM by Leon
Archer platoon

2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

23 February 2014, 08:59:10 PM #10 Last Edit: 28 February 2014, 07:58:09 PM by Leon
WWI German Infantry - advancing through the mud and wire

Stosstruppen

Infantry

Support weapons
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ace of Spades

25 February 2014, 08:03:27 PM #11 Last Edit: 28 February 2014, 07:58:26 PM by Leon
The British Army marching onto the Veld; ready to give the Boers a thrashing (or recieve one... :( )
All the nescessary bits and pieces for a decent fight; cavalry, infantry, mounted infantry and artillery and yes, even the Royal Navy has donated some guns!

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

My entry: French Paras and Legionnaires for Dien Bien Phu.  They are a mix of Pendraken French from the Indochina Range, Commonwealth infantry, Brit Paras, US Marines, D-Day Paratroopers, and US Para Engineers from the WWII range, sporting a variety of headgear (helmets, berets, and bush hats) and uniforms (OD green, French camouflage, and USMC camouflage, both green- and brown-side out).

The entire army.

Officer examples.

Engineer examples.

Machine-gun examples.

Detail of rifle stand showing camouflage uniforms.

Cheers,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

British Falklands Force

Was very tempted to post my whole Prussian force, but they were not painted in the last twelve months! ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Forces of Nature Army

This is the core of my Forces of Nature Army for Kings of War - unfortunately while the forest creature bases use lots of Pendraken figures they also use lots of non-Pendraken ones, so can't be included in the comp - which makes it a bit of a skirmish force, rather than an army...

Elementals, from behind

Gnomes

Centaurs

Salamanders
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts