Pics of the new Gallic sculpts!

Started by Leon, 05 September 2013, 02:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

These ones have been previewed by Techno elsewhere, but I thought it was worth popping them all into one place before we get started on moulding them.  We'll probably hold these ones back until early 2014, so that we can do a dual release with the new Imperial Romans, which Techno will be getting onto once he's finished with the Mongol range.

(Note: The red pieces of putty are to help with casting during the initial production stage, so won't be on the final figures!)

Foot command:

Fanatics and heavy infantry:

Warband:

Archers and slingers:

Cavalry:

Hope you like them!

8)

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Uncle_Cthulu

Looking good,
Far too tempting,
They will get used, even if just as a few wildmen!!!

seano1815

LIKE THEM I LOVE THEM :D :D :D once again beautiful figures Phil, can't wait to grab ya gauls guys. Going to be like a kid in a sweet shop with all these new releases ;D
All the best
Sean

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

petercooman

Phobos

Awesome work, Phil, as always!
Just two questions:

1) No chariot?
2) no cavalry command?

Kassad

Again, great sculpt Techno. Bravo! A lots of things to buy.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Phobos on 05 September 2013, 03:03:10 PM
Awesome work, Phil, as always!
Just two questions:
1) No chariot?
2) no cavalry command?

You'll have to check with Leon about those P. ;)
Maybe in a while ?
And thanks again guys.
Cheers - Phil

nikharwood

Very nicely done, Phil, very nicely done indeed  8)

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Techno

Hertsblue

Great stuff, Phil.

Tell me, just out of curiosity, how many of these little masters do you reckon to turn out in a year? They must run into hundreds. They seem to pop up like ducks in a shooting gallery every five minutes.  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

In truth Ray, I completely lose count. ;D ;D
Depends on the scale.....6mm, 10mm, 15mm.

YEARS ago....I used to convert (and make new) a lot of 15mm figures for what was then Chariot.
The converting part was almost always from old Milliput masters....A fair old pain, in truth.
One day I was sent a werewolf, made completely from Green stuff to convert.
When I next spoke to Jed...The then owner...I asked..."Who made this then ?"

"Er....You did, Phil."
I truthfully couldn't remember doing it....But as it was made of Green stuff....I believed him. ( It did look like my 'style' as well.)

Conversely.....I've 'forged' the style of other designers, so that a single figure to 'finish off' a range wouldn't look out of place.
I like to think that if the other designers ever saw these figures, they'd get confused too !! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Phobos

Quick question Phil:

The red and blue parts in the figs. Sylmasta A+B putty? I didnĀ“t find any other putty in that colors...