Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Leave the poor chap alone !!  =O =O =O =O =O
Cheers - Phil.

Orcs

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 03 August 2013, 10:17:26 AM
No you shouldn't, but it is FUN  ;D

Actually what I should have said was - "No you shouldn't, but it is FSN"  :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 03 August 2013, 10:27:35 AM
Leave the poor chap alone !!  =O =O =O =O =O
Cheers - Phil.
Anyway Phil I am surprised you have time to come on the forum now - You have lots of Mongol masters to produce for the £2K pledges  ;D ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 03 August 2013, 11:12:07 AM
Anyway Phil I am surprised you have time to come on the forum now - You have lots of Mongol masters to produce for the £2K pledges  ;D ;D

I've got to look at something a bit further away occasionally, to stop my eyes getting fixed focus at sculpting range....That's truly horrid !!. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

Perhaps you should invest in an optician's chart? Personally I can't see below the third line without corrective devices ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Last time I had an eye check the young lady asked me to read aloud what the last line on the chart that I could clearly read was...
I said "P. R. I. N. T. E. D. I. N. S. H. E. F. F. I. E. L. D."

So, no glasses here!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

General Bt Sherman

Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing some images of the ACW limbers.
Bryan
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 03 August 2013, 08:22:40 AM
When the Centurion is released, whom are you lot going to take the mickey out of?

The Dark Lord knows my pain, and if I have faith in him, and every month show my devotion on Pendraken Ordering Day, he will reward my patience with access to an abundance of Centurions.

Just for info, the Centurions (and te T-54/55) have gone away for moulding now, we dropped them off at the Claymore show yesterday.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

There is a certain spy-like quality to this message. Masters cunningly concealed in champagne corks taken by Oh-Oh-Leon resplendent in hand stitched DJ, pure white South Sea Island cotton shirt, immaculately tied bow tie, and wellies. He glides through the Claymore crowd like a sleek, hungry shark amongst middle aged puffer-fish. His eyes take in all, and miss nothing, searching restlessly for his contact. She's easy to spot. The only female in the crowd. The red dress slashed to the waist in both directions helps. It sets off her figure better then flocking on a base of FA1s. She seems nervous. Probably all the attention she's getting. She licks her lips, redder than Vallejo 72086.

From across the room, Oh-Oh-Leon spots the movement and he unobtrusively changes his direction towards her. He says the key phrase. "Can't beat a climbinarii on a downward incline." She'd heard that phrase a dozen times today, so she hesitates. He repeats the phrase, urgency in his voice. She looks into his eyes. Could he be the one? Surely yes, there's purpose there, determination and just a hint of cruelty. She takes a chance and utters the response.

"I like a good Cataphract on the flat." Even before the words are said, Oh-Oh-Leon gabs her by the elbow and steers her to a more secluded spot - the Pithead Miniatures stand. He glances around. No one is paying any interest. He presses the corks into her hand. "Go!" He commands.

His animal power overwhelms her. She feels so weak and yet protected in his grasp. She looks up at him with eyes bluer than Citadel Altdorf Guard blue, and whispers "is this all there is? Don't we have time for more?" Her lips have dried and she licks them, unaware of the effect it would have on any red blooded male, but Oh-Oh-Leon is a man on a mission.

"Dammit, we may have to do some Oxford carriers, and perhaps some Chinese infantry, but this will have to do for now. I just hope this will keep FSN off our backs for a while."

"No," she gasped, "I mean with us. I am just a drop off point to you?"

"Do your job. Then we'll see." On impulse, he bends to kiss her, crushes her lips to his, grasping her body to his, feeling her go limp with the passion. Almost angrily, he breaks off.

"Go. Get those to those that need them - and for God's sake, don't leave them in a toilet on the M6." He turns and moves away. She keeps her eyes closed until she can no longer hear the squelch of his wellies. She opens them, and through the tears that have formed, she watched his retreating back, so strong, so erect in the dinner jacket.

"Wonder why he didn't wear trousers."
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: Hertsblue on 04 August 2013, 11:00:34 AM
Perhaps you should invest in an optician's chart? Personally I can't see below the third line without corrective devices ;)

I can't read the top letter without my glasses !  :(
Cheers - Phil.

Ithoriel

"Chart? What Chart? The one up on the wall? What wall?"  ;D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 05 August 2013, 07:51:23 AM
There is a certain spy-like quality to this message....

=O =O =O

Absolutely crackers fsn, but impressive at the same time!  Have you ever written professionally?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 05 August 2013, 05:44:39 PM
Absolutely crackers fsn, but impressive at the same time!  Have you ever written professionally?

Not professional, just crackers.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

You write Christmas cracker jokes?...I thought I had heard some of them before
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

Quote from: Fenton on 05 August 2013, 07:58:34 PM
You write Christmas cracker jokes?...I thought I had heard some of them before

I wanted to say that !! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil.