10 dollies/armatures commercially available?

Started by ryman1, 14 April 2013, 04:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryman1

Hi,

I've been thinking a lot lately that I'd like to try my hand at sculpting 10mm and wonder if anyone here can advise me of commercially available dollies/armatures in 10mm.

Looking around the net I've only found 20mm - 28mm, are 10mm ones out there or is it a case of grabbing a paperclip/wire and going down the DIY route?

cheers

Ry

petercooman

I believe leon can hook you up with that, i think he did the same for vulpine?

Leon

We've got some basic dollies which Techno did for us a while back, which he uses for the Ancients and Falkland's ranges.  You'd be able to use them for having a go on, but you wouldn't be able to knock up any sculpts and then sell them to the opposition!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ryman1

OOOh, that'd be nice, where do I sign?

It'd be great if I could have a few, if anything resembling a human results from it you can have them to do with as you wish as I've no desire to aid the opposition/enemy/heretics.
I've got an order being processed made up of paints and figs, any chance you could throw them in the package and just add the cost to the bill?

Leon

Quote from: ryman1 on 14 April 2013, 08:13:22 PM
OOOh, that'd be nice, where do I sign?

It'd be great if I could have a few, if anything resembling a human results from it you can have them to do with as you wish as I've no desire to aid the opposition/enemy/heretics.
I've got an order being processed made up of paints and figs, any chance you could throw them in the package and just add the cost to the bill?

Yeah, no worries, I'll pop some in.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 14 April 2013, 08:22:56 PM
Yeah, no worries, I'll pop some in.

8)

Ry - You do know Leon charges £25 a dolly and they come in packs of 10 :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

ryman1

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 14 April 2013, 09:45:01 PM
Ry - You do know Leon charges £25 a dolly and they come in packs of 10 :D

;D

Errrrrrrrrrr, second thoughts, just the feet then Leon (checks finances), actually make it just the toes.

Leon

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 14 April 2013, 08:08:12 PM
We've got some basic dollies which Techno did for us a while back, which he uses for the Ancients and Falkland's ranges.  You'd be able to use them for having a go on, but you wouldn't be able to knock up any sculpts and then sell them to the opposition!   :D

If you've got any more lying about Leon, can I have some more too.. :)
I'm running out of some of the poses.

Ry.....Be warned that when I made these, I made them a fraction on the 'chunky' style to make it easier for them to be cast.
So.....Before I actually start working the putty on them, I usually grind them down here and there a fraction with the Dremmel.....Mostly the calf 'muscles' and the chests.

Cheers - Phil.