Plastic aircraft kits now available!

Started by Leon, 13 March 2013, 12:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Leon

If you're thinking of expanding your 1/144 aircraft empire you could ask your wholesaler if they carry the Aoshima range of twin engined Japanese aircraft. They come two to a box and have diorama pits and pieces like sandbagged revetments or AA guns.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for those.  There is another supplier, who we don't currently have an account with, but they carry all of the Zvezda stuff as well, so it might be worth us sorting something out with them.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Is there a 1:144 Mosquito anywhere?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

26 June 2013, 04:56:10 PM #35 Last Edit: 26 June 2013, 04:58:36 PM by GordonY
Corgi did a 1/144 die cast job in a number of paint schemes

Hmmm perhaps not as I've just checked the price, an eye watering £53  :o :o :o

Jc

To my recall Revell when they 1st released these ww2 aircraft in the late 70s the range was bigger and included a few us ,and jap types, i  wonder if they still have the moulds,and would they be up for reissue.Other makers  of 1/144 ww2 kits i have come across over the years are, crown, ashimo,ls, otaki,airfix(bachmann),nitto, nichimo, mostly fighters but i have a number of 1/144 bombers in my stash(which numbers around 800+ aircraft kits) if anybody wants to know about other eras such as ww1 or possible kits/makes to look out for drop me a line i may be able to tell you if it was made and by who.

Leon

Quote from: Jc on 26 June 2013, 06:41:17 PM
  To my recall Revell when they 1st released these ww2 aircraft in the late 70s the range was bigger and included a few us ,and jap types, i  wonder if they still have the moulds,and would they be up for reissue.

Yep, the US types just arrived at the unit today, so I'll get those added to the website asap.

Quote from: Jc on 26 June 2013, 06:41:17 PM
If anybody wants to know about other eras such as ww1 or possible kits/makes to look out for drop me a line i may be able to tell you if it was made and by who.

Thanks for that, that could be really helpful.  If you've got a list of them anywhere, it could be a useful addition to the Resources area?

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: fsn on 26 June 2013, 04:19:22 PM
Is there a 1:144 Mosquito anywhere?

Hi

There is a resin one available from Airalex:-

http://airalex.homestead.com/MOSQUITO.html

Still not plastic kit cheap but better than the Corgi prices  :).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

John Cook

Jacques Chaubet does a 1:144 Pe-2 and a Hs-129.  They are metal.  15 Euros unpainted.  Nice models, very good service and he is very helpful.  Recommended.  He speaka da Engrish too. 

http://jacques.chaubet.free.fr/

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Odd selection of aircraft though.

ianS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dannyboy

I'm in for a couple of Corsairs for Indochina if they are available, Hannants are stocking the US additions to the range but P&P is getting pricey these days so would far rather add them to a Pendraken order if possible, fingers crossed to them being available with you guys.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Being  pedant - the answer is NO in both cases, as Korea and Indo-China, Suez as well, the beasts had bubble hoods with 4 x 20mm cannon, and the ones I've seen piccis of are the base line F4U......

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

We've got the next batch of Revell kits here now, so I'll get them added to the website asap.

8)