Plastic aircraft kits now available!

Started by Leon, 13 March 2013, 12:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

The first batch of the Revell 1:144th planes have gone down really well, especially at the shows, so we've added two more options to the lists, along with a couple of Minicraft kits as well.

From Revell, we've now got these two, priced at £2 each.

Hawker Tempest, Mk V:

Messerschmitt Me262A:

And on the Minicraft side, we've got:

P-38J 'Yippee':

USAAF C-54 / US Navy R5D:

These last two are available in limited numbers at the moment, to see how well they sell.  We've managed to get a deal on them from the supplier, so for a limited time only they are at discounted prices.  

- The P-38J has got an RRP of £7.50, but we'll be doing them at £4.95 for the first 6 customers.

- The C-54 is a big model, with an RRP of £22.99, but we'll be doing them at £16.00 for the first 3 customers.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

If you ever come across a 1:144th Petlyakov Pe-2 or a Henschel Hs 129 I'd be very interested.  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

GrumpyOldMan

Hi Leon

Very interesting, if you look at the Revell site they have 7 American WW2 aircraft listed as released 6/2013 - http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=2&KZSLPG=&L=1&sort=0&cmd=&offset=&sp=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=924bdabdcaa91233d6e72cfdb5dfe1ce&page=4&nc=1.

Trumpeter have a 1/144 ME110G available too.

Hertsblue

True North have a 1/144 Pe2:-

http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ARU03

Battlefront/Flames of War do a 1/144 Henschel Hs129

http://store.aetherworks.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=4484

Mind you both are a bit more than the cost of a plastic kit  :D.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Hertsblue

Yeah, at £11 a pop the Battlefront Hs 129 might be worthwhile if it's ready-painted. At about £7.30 for a bare-metal casting the Pe-2 looks OK until you add in shipping from the States. Also, if I were being ultra-picky I'd have to say that the tailplane doesn't look quite right - the horizontal surfaces should have more of a "V" to them. 

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Zvezda do a small range of 1:144 scale aircraft to go with their "Barbarossa 1941" game.

Wonderland (Local Edinburgh Model Shop) had a Hurricane, LaGG-3, ME-109, Stuka and an IL-2 Stormovik in 1:144 and a "Tante Ju" and a Russian Transport plane in 1:200 when I was in last week. Haven't checked if that's the full range.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Hertsblue

Yes, the problem with the Il-2 Sturmovik is that it is the original single-seat version. Why they opted for that and not the far more widespread Il-2m, with a rear gunner, defeats me. And why pick 1941, for pete's sake?

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Because flames of war isn't doing 1941, in fact they look like they are avoiding it on the eastern front, their Barbarossa books are three years late, and still not due to be published
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

NTM

Quote from: Hertsblue on 21 June 2013, 11:05:12 AM
And why pick 1941, for pete's sake?

Doing Barbarossa those crazy Ivans  ;) ;D

Ithoriel

Quote from: Hertsblue on 21 June 2013, 11:05:12 AM
Why they opted for that and not the far more widespread Il-2m, with a rear gunner, defeats me.

To be honest, it's the only IL-2 I've been able to find in this scale so it will do. After all I have a Puma a/c that regularly does service as a 232 8-rad and a pair of Pz IV/L70s that frequently masquerade as StuG IIIs.  But it would be nice to actually have an IL-2M model .... Leon :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

We'll keep adding more as we can source them.  The Zvezda ones would be nice, but they come from a different supplier, and would have a minimum order requirement.

Quote from: Ithoriel on 21 June 2013, 01:38:02 PM
But it would be nice to actually have an IL-2M model .... Leon :)

We won't be having any aircraft sculpted in the foreseeable, as the costs don't weigh up too well against the potential sales.

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 21 June 2013, 08:56:41 AM
Very interesting, if you look at the Revell site they have 7 American WW2 aircraft listed as released 6/2013...

Yep, we've been waiting on those for some time now, and it looks like they might be available to order very soon.  The new ones will be: 

- P-51B Mustang
- P-47D Thunderbolt
- F4U-1 Corsair
- F6F-3 Hellcat
- P-40E Warhawk
- F4F-4 Wildcat
- SBD-5 Dauntless
- P39Q Airacobra

I thought I'd seen some of the Japanese planes planned somewhere as well, but I can't find them now.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Sh*thawk and Jug would be very useful....Mustang less so, as it's a bit early, naval stuff only when we get the opposition, except maybe the F4U.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mustangs and F4-U mean you can do 'The Football War' of 1969! Last prison powered dogfights. I've done it for Scramble in 1:600, great fun game for an evening, trying to bomb oil refineries with hand thrown bombs out of the back odd a DC-4!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Quote from: Leon on 21 June 2013, 04:09:31 PM

- P-51B Mustang
- P-47D Thunderbolt
- F4U-1 Corsair
- F6F-3 Hellcat
- P-40E Warhawk
- F4F-4 Wildcat
- SBD-5 Dauntless
- P39Q Airacobra
Saw most of these in a shop In Bury St Edmunds last week, so they are out there.

Quote from: mad lemmey link=topic=7730.msg80868#msg80868 date=Last prison powered dogfights.
/quote]

Don't you just love auto-correct software? :D :D ;)

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

rexhurley

Quote from: mad lemmey on 21 June 2013, 01:04:47 PM
Because flames of war isn't doing 1941, in fact they look like they are avoiding it on the eastern front, their Barbarossa books are three years late, and still not due to be published

X Lemmey later this year dude. And its not late its in line with their perceived sales programme most frustrating in that yes we would have liked to have seen it come out with Blitzkreig and Hellfire's but well unfortunately not a lot of people demand early ostfront which is sad :(

For Herts Battlefront planes come as kits 3 per box you have to put on the wings, prop if you want it. flight stand then paint.

Cheers Rex