Single Bases in Painting Competition

Started by WeeWars, 23 February 2013, 01:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeWars

Maybe I'm easily confused but I'm seeing more than one base in single base categories.  :-/
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

:-\

Think I can see what you mean Michael.....

Though (from my point of view) I'm seeing them as separate 'single base' entries, even if they're put side by side in the same photo.....(Which I believe is within the rules) but I'll check with the other judges.

Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 23 February 2013, 01:07:59 PM
Maybe I'm easily confused but I'm seeing more than one base in single base categories.  :-/

There's only a couple I think, a couple of artillery pieces with the gabions or limbers on a separate base.  For things like that, it'd be a bit unfair to expect people to rebase just for the competition, so as long as the overall entry is within the 60x60mm restrictions then it's not really a problem.

Anything which is maybe outside the realms of the rules, I tend to PM the member and let them know.  We can then either edit the entry, or move it to another category.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

If you mount two cavalry on one base (as I do) that base of two cavalry can't within the rules be entered. Or would multiple bases be allowed? And would the figures be judged as a single unit? So, rather: the allowed number of figures within 60 x 60mm but not neccessarily on a single base?
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Andreas Hofer

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 23 February 2013, 05:26:47 PM
If you mount two cavalry on one base (as I do) that base of two cavalry can't within the rules be entered. Or would multiple bases be allowed? And would the figures be judged as a single unit? So, rather: the allowed number of figures within 60 x 60mm but not neccessarily on a single base?

Just pop two bases next to each other, and enter that.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kev1964

Leon i have painted a canoe and would like to enter it in the open base but it would look odd on a 100 x 100 base and would like to use it afterwards, i have made a terrain base with a river going through it so wondered if it would be possible to take a small photo of just the canoe on the river, any chance ?

Many thanks,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!

Leon

Quote from: kev1964 on 27 February 2013, 12:44:02 PM
Leon i have painted a canoe and would like to enter it in the open base but it would look odd on a 100 x 100 base and would like to use it afterwards, i have made a terrain base with a river going through it so wondered if it would be possible to take a small photo of just the canoe on the river, any chance ?

Many thanks,

kev

Yeah, that should be fine for the Single Base category.

8)

fred.

And a very nice canoe it is too!

Another Pendraken gem tucked away in the catalogue, that I hadn't previously seen.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

kev1964

cheers fred, nice to paint up also, a nice change from rows of infantry.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!