Tips on taking good photos!

Started by Leon, 31 January 2013, 09:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

31 January 2013, 09:36:16 PM Last Edit: 31 January 2013, 11:57:59 PM by Leon
For anyone looking for some tips on getting nice pics of their entries, here's a couple of links to 'How To' guides for taking pics of miniatures.  If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to ask on here, and we'll do our best to help out!

http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/6rtcOGmmu7DU

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/how-to-take-and-edit-pictures-of.html

And if anyone else has any handy links or tips, please share them as well!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Come on Leon, are you deliberately goading Fierce Kitty and the apostrophe special police?  ;D ;D ;)

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 31 January 2013, 09:39:03 PM
Come on Leon, are you deliberately goading Fierce Kitty and the apostrophe special police?  ;D ;D ;)

Mollinary

Edited it now!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

ALWAYS set the 2-second timer on your camera to reduce camera shake when releasing the shutter -- even if you're using a tripod.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Well said W.
Very important tip that.
Some cameras do have 'remotes' to take a shot....Those are useful with the tripod.
It doesn't appear that anything uses a cable release now....They were handy too.

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Quote from: mollinary on 31 January 2013, 09:39:03 PM

Mollinary
Just about everyone is!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mollinary

Quote from: FierceKitty on 04 February 2013, 10:14:05 AM
Just about everyone is!
Bit slow off the mark FK!  Trail had gone really cold - need to pick up your game if you are going to catch the serial  offenders!

Mollinary ;) ;)
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Albie Bach

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

ronan

gimp is a very useful - and free - software, ( linux, mac, windows..)
http://www.gimp.org/
I often use the "auto white balance" on a layer, then adjust the opacity. ( my walls are YELLOW ! could you imagine how is the light ?!  :'(  )

Serotonin

Quote from: Albie Bach on 04 February 2013, 07:43:32 PM
Looks good - I've added that to my Wish List.

It is- took me a few goes to get my head around it, and it helps if you have a camera that allows you to set the exposure but it gets great results

Sorry for the 6mm, didnt have any Pendraken stuff that had had the ligthbox treatment!

kev1964

Beautiful work serotonin, thats my normal scale, have found the 2 sec delay button on my camera so will see how it goes today.
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!

Matt J

You've convinced me, just spent the hard earned.

Nice 6mm by the way
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep