Pendraken Painting Competition 2013!

Started by Leon, 09 January 2013, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebastosfig

Quote from: mad lemmey on 08 February 2013, 11:53:13 AM
En autant que je sache, il faudrait aller dans la catégorie armée ouverte, bases simples aller dans le fantasme.

At least you've had lesson, I use Google translate (which is often wrong)!

You don't say.
" bases simples aller dans le fantasme " could be roughly translated as " simple basics/bases go to the sexual fantasy" in French.
Hmmmm :-\

Right I'm outta here   :-[

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Hi Leon, can I just check on the vehicle category - are extra figures allowed?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

TinyTerrain

Fred, I wondered exactly the same....

Leon, if they are not allowed please just remove my entry  :D

Cheers, Craig
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

QuoteHi Leon, can I just check on the vehicle category - are extra figures allowed?

I went with the idea that if they are on the vehicle then they would be alright (crew/tank riders etc) which seems consist with previous years.

Leon let me know if there is a problem I will alter me entry accordingly
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

fred.

I had a medical half-track with a casualty and medic the other year, which I'm fairly sure had to go into open, which is why I was checking.

I'm not to bothered either way, as I am happy to add a few figures around a tank to make a diorama - or just do the tank on its own.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

If you want to pop figures around the vehicle, that's fine, no bother at all, there's not really anything in the rules against it.  The Judges will be looking at the vehicle primarily though, so it comes down to whether you think it's best off in that category as a vehicle entry, or if you want to try your chances in the Open - Single Base instead? 

:-\

Let me know if you'd like them switching over.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

TinyTerrain

Hi Leon,

Can you swap mine over please, given that I have a vehicle, a bike and 3 crew I think it woudl be better suited to the open single base category.

Thanks,

Craig
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: TinyTerrain on 10 February 2013, 07:32:40 PM
Can you swap mine over please, given that I have a vehicle, a bike and 3 crew I think it woudl be better suited to the open single base category.

No worries, done that for you now.  Really nice looking entry as well.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

Hi everyone
                There are some fantastic entries so far for the competition. 

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

BH62

Hello to all,
I am new in your community and I write for the first time on your blog (maybe have you already guessed it... I am French).
I paint Pendraken miniatures (and others!) for several years and I would like to participate in your painting competition.
I have two questions.
To send pictures for the competition, may I proceed by the touch REPLY of the page PENDRAKEN PAINTING COMPETITION 2013 ?
If pictures are too "heavy" to which e-mail address send them ?
I appreciate that there is another French guy on the frequency !!
Regards.
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: BH62 on 15 February 2013, 01:17:23 PM
To send pictures for the competition, may I proceed by the touch REPLY of the page PENDRAKEN PAINTING COMPETITION 2013 ?

To enter a category, go into the correct thread, e.g. 'Foot - 20th C.' and then click Reply.  You can put some information about your entry, and then the picture.

Quote from: BH62 on 15 February 2013, 01:17:23 PM
If pictures are too "heavy" to which e-mail address send them ?

If you do not have somewhere to host your pictures, send them to us here at Pendraken ( d.pengilley@btinternet.com ) and we can host them for you.

If any of our French members would like to help with the translation of that, it might be better than Google Translate!

barbarian

Tu dois d'abord choisir la catégorie de ton entrée au concours, ensuite, tu appuies sur "reply".

Si tu ne sais pas comment héberger des photos sur internet, envoie un mail à Pendraken ( d.pengilley@btinternet.com ) en précisant la catégorie, ils le feront pour toi.

(traduction approximative)
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

BH62

Thank you for the informations. I finish my miniatures. "Rendez-vous" next week end.
Merci Barbarian pour la traduction.
Regards.
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Jagger

All I can say is I would not want to be a judge.  I wouldn't know how in the world to differentiate amonst so many good entries.