Pendraken Painting Competition 2013!

Started by Leon, 09 January 2013, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: bunwin63 on 11 January 2013, 08:49:41 PM
Just bumping this up as it seems to have been missed...Or to rephrase the question, do Minibits 15mm fantasy figures count as Pendraken?

Apologies for missing that one, the Minibits 15mm ranges wouldn't be allowed in the competition unfortunately.   :(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

bunwin63

Quote from: Leon on 12 January 2013, 05:00:56 PM
Apologies for missing that one, the Minibits 15mm ranges wouldn't be allowed in the competition unfortunately.   :(

No problem. My daughter was interested in doing the lizards. I'll see if I can tempt her with some of the 10mm sci-fi creatures (she did mounted lizards with lasers last year)

quasar42

Quote from: Vulpine on 10 January 2013, 07:11:28 AM

42 isn't that the open section?

Hi, yes, indeed  I would assume multi-base game units,  such as a warmaster unit or lasalle unit, could go into the open category. My observation is just that in that category they would be together with whole armies, dungeons, dioramas, battles etc, where they might get a bit "lost". I could imagine that game units could benefit from their own category to showcase how 10mm units look like. If expanding the categories is an issue it would be possible to consider opening the single base categories to multi-base units that are conform with a particular game system. After all, 10mm really comes into its own with larger units, rather than just single bases.

Sigur

Sounds great. One question though - how about flags from other suppliers as long as it's from periods which aren't covered by Pendraken's flags range? (I'm mainly thinking of the Thirty Years' War here)

Apart from that I think I'll have to order asap, knowing shipping times from the UK to here. :)

Leon

Quote from: Sigur on 13 January 2013, 06:21:00 PM
Sounds great. One question though - how about flags from other suppliers as long as it's from periods which aren't covered by Pendraken's flags range? (I'm mainly thinking of the Thirty Years' War here)

That'll be fine.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sigur

Thanks for the quick reply! Another thing I was wondering - what's considered the standard (or maximum) base size for categories for the two Foot, the Mounted and the Vehicle categories?

Leon

Quote from: Sigur on 14 January 2013, 01:16:12 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! Another thing I was wondering - what's considered the standard (or maximum) base size for categories for the two Foot, the Mounted and the Vehicle categories?

There's never really been a maximum, but I'd imagine anything over 60x60mm is going to look a bit sparse?

Vulpine

So, when and how do we post our entry's?
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

Leon

Quote from: Vulpine on 14 January 2013, 03:54:03 PM
So, when and how do we post our entry's?

Entry opens on Feb 1st, and there will be threads opened for each category, where you can post your entries.

8)

Vulpine

Cool, my 1st project is comming on nice!
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

petercooman

Liitle question Leon,

I have painted a gun with 3 crew on the base, Is this in the foot 20th century category, or the open single base category???

I would guess the open, as it is not really foot, but still they are on foot  ;D

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 17 January 2013, 11:18:58 PM
Liitle question Leon,

I have painted a gun with 3 crew on the base, Is this in the foot 20th century category, or the open single base category???

I would guess the open, as it is not really foot, but still they are on foot  ;D

Yep, that would go in the 'Open - Single Base' category.

8)

petercooman

Thanks!

Means i can get another one for the foot category  <:-P

Bishop Lord

Hmm? I think I will give it a go this year. Is it okay to submit previously painted stuff and Newly painted. Also what Catogry wiuld I post Command stands in( 50mm ish base 3 -6 figs)?

Jason.
" there is no more Jerusalem, I shall go to Cyprus..."

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Hi everybody

Yes I'm quite looking forward to the painting competition this year. This will be the second time I would of entered and I thoroughly enjoyed last year.

As for entries I intend entering my ACW Union cavalry and some infantry, and then possibly paint a couple World War II of command stands.

Thanks

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!