Pendraken Painting Competition 2013!

Started by Leon, 09 January 2013, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

I will see what I can knock up, and this year try to take some decent photos.
:'( :'( :'(
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

luna_levis

Well I'm new to this forum (and 10mm models in general) but I'm super excited about this competition.
Just got my first shipment of fantasy minis in the post a couple of months ago so I'll have to choose something special to paint up. A few questions though, for the army category do they have to be based mutiple troops to a base? I am finishing an amazon/beastman army for a game called shadowsea where they have to be single based, so I've put them on washers. Also any advice for taking photos of models. My photography skills are sadly lacking and they always end up reflecting the flash too much or being too dark without it.

Techno

First of all....
A very warm welcome to 'the mad house'  ;D ;D luna !
But we are all very friendly...honestly !!

I'll have to leave it to others to point you in the right direction regarding your questions for the competition.
As far as your photo's are concerned.....Do you have a tripod that you can clamp your camera to ?
This could well be essential, so you can take pictures in natural light....As you'll  have to use longer exposures to stop camera 'shake'.

Using 'flash' close up is a very 'hit and miss' affair I'm afraid. :)

Cheers - Phil

Leon

I've tidied up this thread a bit to get it back on track, so everyone grab a brush and get painting!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

What is this strange thing called 'a brush' ?....Is it something like a 'wax carver five' ?  ;)
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You must own one Phil, you painted your own Kiera!!  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

luna_levis

Thanks for the advice I'll dig out a tripod and give that a go.  :)

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 11 January 2013, 02:55:01 PM
What is this strange thing called 'a brush' ?....Is it something like a 'wax carver five' ?  ;)
Cheers - Phil.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 January 2013, 03:19:41 PM
You must own one Phil, you painted your own Kiera!!  ;D

No......Was I supposed to ?....I just used my fingers to paint her Will. ;) ;D....
No wonder I can't paint as well as you lot !....You all cheat... You swine !!;) ;D
(I did used to paint the numbers on the back of my Subbuteo players with a pin though.)

Is that a gerbil or a lemming Leon ?

Cheers - Phil.

Techno

Ooooooh....

Thanks Nik.
Is it Alvin or....Oh bum..... Who was the other one ? (Senior moment time !)  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Alvin, Theodore, Simon are the three male chipmunks, Britanny, Janette and Elanor are the Chipettes (two years of being subjected to those G*d awful movies have paid off)!  :D

andymac

That's just really sad :D

Do what I do, just plug the old mp3 player in and pretend you are watching them  ;)
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

bunwin63

Quote from: bunwin63 on 10 January 2013, 07:10:09 AM
can i use the 15mm fantasy range that has been moved to minibits?

Just bumping this up as it seems to have been missed...Or to rephrase the question, do Minibits 15mm fantasy figures count as Pendraken?