Forum barfight

Started by Last Hussar, 10 August 2012, 04:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

QuoteMine are here, I sneak light blue highlights in before a black highlight.

https://madlemmey.blogspot.com/2022/03/usmc-heroes-of-hadleys-hope-set.html?m=1

Oy! Ya Grace. I want a word wi' you.

You only went an' shamed me into putting a little more effort into painting me Xenomorphs... 'Ave ya seen 'ow much detail there is on a Prodos Games Xenomorph base?!

The Warriors ain't so bad, 'cos they were the multipart 'uns that I've glued on GW 40k round bases that come with limited detail. But the Unicast figures have got more detail to them than is sensible!!

[whispers] ...painted teeth and talons and tail 'blades' leadbelcher.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Gwydion

Anyone know the correct Welsh for Corgi  :d

:)
How did you find that?! That's a top secret training camp for next year's Six Nations!

Ithoriel

QuoteAnd I'm sure there are people here who have older models still unpainted.

I'll offer 3 figures bought from the GW Hammersmith branch the day after it opened in 1978.

Based and black undercoated but not painted, still, early days yet! :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

QuoteI'll offer 3 figures bought from the GW Hammersmith branch the day after it opened in 1978.

Jeez, I wasn't even born then. And neither was Leon, remembering what he wrote in the Pub Quiz's. Are you trying to shame us with how young we are?  ;)  ;)

Besidessss... It's called Warhammer, now. Ev-very-one knows that, not just the cool kidz  8)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Roy

Quote from: Roy on 05 April 2024, 04:25:04 PMBesidessss... It's called Warhammer, now. Ev-very-one knows that, not just the cool kidz  8)

I absolutely $%@#ing hate seeing all the GW shops renamed as Warhammer. If anything, I think it makes playing with toy soldiers sound worse than it is. Having shops on a high street with the word WAR in great big letters. Games Workshop sounded a lot more sophisticated, like Chess or Checkers or Snap.

Maybe this should be wrote in the Forum's soapbox section, but tough. I'm here.

d_Guy

I am even older than Ithoriel. I don't even know what GW (George Washington?) or Warhammer (Edward I?) were/are. I live in splendid isolation. I remember when we sent off a hand written order and an IMO and then waited for months. You kids today!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Ithoriel

QuoteMaybe this should be wrote in the Forum's soapbox section, but tough. I'm here.

"Je y suis, je y reste!" - General Patrice de MacMahon

Which either means "Here I am, here I stay!" or, possibly, "I'm Swiss and I'm asleep!" - take your pick.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Or even "Hier stehe ich" - Martin Luther

Roy

Or, as we wrote it back in my school days:

I woz eya,
Woz I not?
Woz I eya,
I woz not!

Or if you were better educated

I was here,
Was I not?
Was I here,
I was not?

Roy

Does this pub have Sky Sports? Or, even, ITV1?

Come on England! Lionesses for the win.

Just ignore the Sydney Harbour bits at the bottom of the picture and forget about that loss to Spain.

Roy

Quote from: d_Guy on 05 April 2024, 05:31:50 PMI don't even know what GW (George Washington?) or Warhammer (Edward I?) were/are.

GW? It means Gilded Wimple, or to be precise the Order of the Gilded Wimple (OGW). Very old and distinguished. A great honour to those it's bestowed upon. It's like the Most Noble Order of the Garter.

d_Guy

I myself am a KGC of the OEH (Order of Extraordinary Hillbillies)

pierre the shy

QuoteOy! Ya Grace. I want a word wi' you.

You only went an' shamed me into putting a little more effort into painting me Xenomorphs... 'Ave ya seen 'ow much detail there is on a Prodos Games Xenomorph base?!

The Warriors ain't so bad, 'cos they were the multipart 'uns that I've glued on GW 40k round bases that come with limited detail. But the Unicast figures have got more detail to them than is sensible!!

[whispers] ...painted teeth and talons and tail 'blades' leadbelcher.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.