What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Quote from: Hertsblue on 18 January 2015, 02:56:05 PM
As you read the books you realise all the animals on Barsoom are carnivorous. Makes you wonder what the smaller ones ate.... 
Mars mallows?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It wasnt that bad......

More may be following.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Bodvoc

I thought the film was far better than I had been led to believe, and now another studio has bought the rights to hopefully make more.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Ithoriel

Thirded on the "it was better than the critics reported" front.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

This thread, when I should be painting. The Prussians will never take to the field if I don't fold this laptop and get on.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

skywalker

I am working my way through "The SS :- A New History" by Adrian Weale, it deals with the whole spectrum of the SS from first concept to the end of the war..............warts and all :o

Techno

Listening to 'The Last Conquest' by Berwick Coates.
About something that happened in 1066......Pretty good, so far.
Cheers - Phil.

Leman

Mrs Figgis of Colosseum Close, Pevensey, was watching a very interesting sailing regatta.

Luddite

Currently reading The Hobbit again.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

fsn

When you've done, could you explain how it became a film trilogy? I remember it as a rather slim tome.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

I believe it's called dramatic licence. In this instance some side references in the book were turned into major episodes in the films. Haven't seen the third one yet.

Luddite

Quote from: fsn on 21 January 2015, 06:16:10 PM
When you've done, could you explain how it became a film trilogy? I remember it as a rather slim tome.

I believe they drove a dump truck full of cash up to Peter Jackson's door.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Fenton

Read online that a fan has condensed the 3 hobbit movies into  one 4 hour movie
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Maenoferren

Quote from: fsn on 21 January 2015, 06:16:10 PM
Just dont get me started....
saw a brilliant quote today... after someone saw the last episode in the trilogy... Something along the lines of ...It was like watching the last film in the lord of the rings 11 years ago and wishing Peter Jackson would make the Hobbit.... says it all really...
At the mo re-reading the Lord of the Rings and rules wise... Science versus Pluck
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Maenoferren

Quote from: Fenton on 21 January 2015, 11:10:39 PM
Read online that a fan has condensed the 3 hobbit movies into  one 4 hour movie
Funnily enough I just read that today..... not sure how as the DVD isnto out for the third episode.. well in the UK
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!