What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Quote from: kipt on 01 September 2014, 11:06:24 PM
Gentlemen,
I thank you.  I never really expected to get out of Cadet, and really doubt I will go past Second Louie. (Tho' I should at least try and reach my previous rank of CPT).

I will mainly post in Books (I read a lot) but will do and occasional AAR.  Next one will be a large FPW campaign with 7 tables that we will do in late October.

One post a day calling for Aztecs, and before you know it you'll have a stomach ulcer be a general.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 03 September 2014, 03:39:13 AM
One post a day calling for Aztecs, and before you know it you'll have a stomach ulcer be a general.

No it will get you banned.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

You spell damned with a D and an M, Ian.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

No - use c17th spelling - any banned way I want...

IanS

nikharwood

I can prove I'm sane, got a certificate to say so....

IanS

kipt

Hats off to John and Andrew for "The Austro-Prussian War of 1866: The Opening Battles", vol 8 of Wargaming in History.  Now I am eagerly waiting Koniggratz.  When I showed the book to our gaming group, two members immediately said this is what a wargaming book should look like and took down the information so they could buy it.

We use RF&F for the America Revolution and War of 1812 and F&F for ACW and its adaptation for Napoleonics.

This is the first of the Wargaming in History I have purchased and it appears I will need to get the other 7 volumes.

Again, well done!

FierceKitty

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 September 2014, 05:03:02 PM
I can prove I'm sane, got a certificate to say so....

IanS

This is an expired TV licence with the words TV Licence crossed out and the words Sanity Certificate written in in crayon!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Quote from: FierceKitty on 04 September 2014, 04:09:39 AM
This is an expired TV licence with the words TV Licence crossed out and the words Sanity Certificate written in in crayon!

Reminds me of showing my New Zealand drivers license to an American once, years ago.  His first question was, where is your photo. They didn't have them back then.

After thumbing throught the little book that was the license he asked his second question, the last of the stickers in the back says your license expired 3 years ago!  Oh, they stopped making us buy those stickers every year....

Fortunately he was not a US Police Officer  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

My British driving license doesn't have a photo to this day. I could elect to have one issued, but it then becomes mandatory to renew it every ten years, on pain of a £1,000 fine. So why would I?  :P :P :P
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

It's about the only sort of ID I've got.
Cheers - Phil

Chad

Just starting 'The Bayonets of the Republic' by John Lynn.

Hope to use this as a basis for developing rules for battles
of the French Revolution. The idea is to use a set of 18th century as
a base to which I would add rules for the formations and tactics of
the early French revolutionary armies.

Chad

nikharwood

Not reading, but I am currently re-watching (and, of course, thoroughly enjoying) all of my Sharpe DVDs. Top-notch.

Ithoriel

Achtung Schweinehund! by Harry Pearson.

Disturbing echoes of my own past :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

My CD player died recently...So got a new all singing all dancing one.
Wonderful sound....But the CD player has an irritating laser reader 'click,click,click' while it's playing....and has a one second pause between tracks, which makes it a real b*gger listening to talking books.... as it splits a word every few minutes, like th............................is.
Better than nothing........just ! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Cheers - Phil