What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

When a man tires of London he reads a Kindle in the bath. P.S if you want the paper version fork out the £35!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Norm

King Tiger Vs IS2 from the Duel series by Osprey. In the past couple of weeks I have also read Jagdpanther Vs SU100 and Panther Vs Sherman.

I have loved the series, but have started to note that within these slim volumes, there is a growing tendency to move away from the core subject and take in general terms about a campaign that the vehicles were involved in. In that regard, it can feel a little like reading two books with a differing focus. I have written to Osprey to ask if this is intentional - depending on the answer, I may stop buying into the Duel series and spend more time with the Vanguard series.

Hertsblue

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 04 June 2014, 05:50:04 PM
When a man tires of London he reads a Kindle in the bath. P.S if you want the paper version fork out the £35!

When a man tires of London he pulls the electric fire into the bath....  X_X
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

London - I think we shall no go there - tis a silly place (with apologies to Monty Python)

ianS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

I re-re-rereading Creasy's 15 Decisive Battles of the World.

Apparently William had 50,000 (yes 50,000) cavalry and 5,000 infantry at Hastings, and Harold definitely copped one in the eye.

Creasy also goes on at length about how great England is because of the Normans. He wrote it in 1851, so I'm wondering about the political context.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ric

At the moment it's 'the gruffalo' followed by 'the dinosaur that pooped a planet', every night for that the last month!I occasionally get  'the king of space' in there if the little man is still awake, haha!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

My Little Shopping Bag and Hairy McLary From Donaldson's Dairy about six times a night here for my little one, although in the last few weeks her tastes have moved away from rhyming baby books to infant books with a plot, so there is hope...

Until she does this every five minutes:

And I wonder why I haven't read a whole book on months!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Is it me ?......Or is the terrain on the floor just a little on the large side for 10mm. ?
I see the cavalry have given up and gone mountain climbing. ;)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

Do Dragoons ride three legged horses ?
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

I know most kids would like to get on TV - but there must be another way.....
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

DanJ

I've just finished 'The Knight who Saved England', the story of William Marshall, facinating stuff.

Leman

The newly reissued and revised On To Richmond rules, with a particular eye to the FPW variant. I think the morale/kill effects of the artillery for the FPW have been printed the wrong way round, but waiting for a response from Mark Severin to confirm this.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Finished listening to "Vespasian...Rome's Executioner"
Really enjoyed it.....I assume it weaved a certain amount of 'colour' fiction in with historical facts.

Those rulers in ancient Rome weren't very nice people, were they ?  ;)
Complete & utter b******s would be nearer the mark.

For a total change, I'll be giving "Classic Tales of Horror" a go next week.

Cheers - Phil