Falkirk Show Report/Photo's

Started by Leon, 11 May 2010, 12:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

11 May 2010, 12:52:34 AM Last Edit: 14 September 2010, 06:39:37 PM by Leon
Well we were up at Falkirk this weekend, and if Claymore is the biggest show in Scotland, then Falkirk has got to be very close behind!  It was an excellent show, in a nice venue with good organisation.  We set up on Friday night, which I could definitely get used to.  It makes such a difference being able to have a leisurely start to the show, instead of chaos trying to get everything out of the van in time for a bacon butty before opening!  We always enjoy ourselves when we go north of the border, and the shows always have a nice, relaxed and friendly feel to them.

There were an army of Falkirk gamers about, both on the Friday night and the Saturday morning, to help everybody set up.  This is always a huge help to the traders and very much appreciated.

They had 5 halls this year, which I think was more than last.  It's their second year in this venue, I'd never been to it before, and the show seems to keep on growing to fill whatever space they have, which is a good thing.  There were a lot of display games, some excellent Sci-Fi ones which caught my eye, and a very nicely done Franco-Prussian game using our figures.

So, on with the pics!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Hall 1 - Traders and the cafe;

Hall 2 - Traders and some display games:  Spot Pendraken?

Hall 3 - More traders:

Hall 4 - This was a flea market, with people on tables selling their spare stuff:

Hall 5 - More traders, and the competition games:
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Leon

A nice snow covered Sci-Fi game:

Leon

A Starship Troopers style Bughunt!  (Which you could also do using our figures...!)

Leon

And the Cat in the Hat!  (There are only 4 additions from this show, we let the FPW game lend the hat for most of the day):

:D

nikharwood

Excellent - I've always had a soft-spot for snow-tables...I really must get round to doing some Norwegians & Germans in WW2  8)

That hat's going to be a feature for years, isn't it?  ;D

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 12 May 2010, 10:55:14 PM
That hat's going to be a feature for years, isn't it?  ;D

Probably!  Although we're considering getting another one for some variation.

Urbinoprince

Do you know what rules were used for this Franco-Prussian game? Is there anyone to discuss the making of this tabletop?

GordonY

Not offhand but you could try http://www.falkirkwargamesclub.org.uk/index.html and ask who put the game on. Then you could find out more information.

Gordon