Forum barfight

Started by Last Hussar, 10 August 2012, 04:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Been too quiet on the forum today, let's stir it up!

Pours Nik a Cinzano and lemonade...

He that's not enough to restart a fight, them this place is deader than a morgue in deadwood!
:P
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Do you know what really tees me off.

I log in for the first time for HOURS and HOURS....Go for the 'unread posts since your last visit'.....Check the list....Ooooh there's lots for me to look at....Then my b***ard provider kicks me off the net for no logical reason...So when I come back after logging back in.. it appears I've looked at everything.
Yeah, I know....I could go back through the list of the recent posts....But it's not the same.

I'm all grumpy now... >:( >:( >:(
I'll have a treble scotch if you're buying Lemmey ! :-*

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Malt please mate !
Ta - Phil.

You know.....If we arranged a specific time....We could have a quiz....First person in to answer the question gets a point.
Give it a quick try now Lemmey if you're still there....Just to see if it could work.

Errm....Something really easy just to test it out....Which group originally had a hit with "Another one bites the dust."

Duke Speedy of Leighton

29 September 2012, 08:35:38 PM #169 Last Edit: 29 September 2012, 08:48:16 PM by mad lemmey
Written by Queen (got that one main songsmith wrongwrongwrong - John Deacon - gah!  X_X)!

My turn, name the only neutral country invaded and occupied by the Allies in WWII

Techno

I'll let you have Queen.
But his name is John Deacon. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 September 2012, 08:35:38 PM
My turn, name the only neutral country invaded and occupied by the Allies in WWII

Iceland ?....I had to look that up so I don't know whether that's right !
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Techno

Well....This could work if enough people were logged in at the right time.
I was thinking of questions that could be relatively straightforward....Those that didn't have to look up the answers would be much faster than cheats like me who did a quick surf to get the answer to your question.

OK....Which is the fastest living mammal ?
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Usane Bolt re-entering the Earth's atmosphere!
Cheetah.

technically we are all moving at 90000 miles an hour round the sun...

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D
Yup, of course...
Ah well....If a few folk fancy an experimental quiz next week...perhaps we could have a go....If people think it would be a bit of fun ??
Cheers - Phil.....(Logging off now.  ;))

Sandinista

"Blend or malt?"

well then, if you're in the chair it will be a 16 year old Lagavulin  :D

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 September 2012, 07:48:06 PM
Pours Nik a Cinzano and lemonade...

I'll drink Bacardi + Cinzano: loads of ice & lime...you can keep the lemonade though  ;)

Quote from: Sandinista on 29 September 2012, 11:55:14 PM
"Blend or malt?"

well then, if you're in the chair it will be a 16 year old Lagavulin  :D

I'll have this - thanks muchly  :d

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/selection/ardbeg_1974_double_barrel_whisky.aspx

Hertsblue

Ten grand for a couple of bottles of firewater? Hang on, I'll just ring Roman Abramovich....  :o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Last Hussar

Quote from: Techno on 29 September 2012, 08:47:20 PM
Iceland ?....I had to look that up so I don't know whether that's right !
Cheers - Phil.

Does that count s invaded?  Were we not protecting them?  (Not being sarcastic about the middle east - I actually believed this was the case with Iceland)
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry