Forum barfight

Started by Last Hussar, 10 August 2012, 04:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: sunjester on 04 July 2017, 08:45:16 AM
I prefer the Corpse Reviver No 2: equal parts gin, lemon juice,  Cointreau, Kina Lillet, and a dash of absinthe (I like a large "dash").

The 1930 Savoy Cocktail Book says "Four of these taken in swift succession will unrevive the corpse again".

And probably embalm the body as well.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Last Hussar

You can't get Kina Lillet anymore. Closest is a vermouth called (something) Americano
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

Quote from: Last Hussar on 06 July 2017, 11:02:42 PM
You can't get Kina Lillet anymore. Closest is a vermouth called (something) Americano

Cocchi Americano. As used in the Vesper Martini, Corpse Reviver #2 and Old Etonian ... and doubtless other cocktails to boot.

Though no longer Kina, Lillet is available (e.g. from here https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005UXLCRM/007dossier-21), though it's now known as Lillet Blanc to differentiate it from Lillet Rouge which was launched later.

Of course, as a husband who had no qualms about purchasing "feminine hygiene" products for my other half, Lil-let has a whole other connotation!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 July 2017, 02:39:48 AM
Cocchi Americano. As used in the Vesper Martini, Corpse Reviver #2 and Old Etonian ... and doubtless other cocktails to boot.

Though no longer Kina, Lillet is available (e.g. from here https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005UXLCRM/007dossier-21), though it's now known as Lillet Blanc to differentiate it from Lillet Rouge which was launched later.

Of course, as a husband who had no qualms about purchasing "feminine hygiene" products for my other half, Lil-let has a whole other connotation!

Few things impress a woman more, in my experience, than helping out in that direction, especially on holiday where you remembered to pack a box or two and she forgot.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

ErHo

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 July 2017, 02:44:57 AM
Few things impress a woman more, in my experience, than helping out in that direction, especially on holiday where you remembered to pack a box or two and she forgot.

If youre buying feminine products, youre already past the stage where you need to impress them!   ;D

If youre buying for someone you hardly know...  youre probably Mayor of the Friendzone!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Orcs

Quote from: ErHo on 07 September 2017, 07:52:29 PM
If youre buying for someone you hardly know...  youre probably Mayor of the Friendzone!

Or they will regard you as a creepy weirdo and avoid you in the future. :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Roy

Quote from: Orcs on 07 September 2017, 08:32:53 PM
Or they will regard you as a creepy weirdo and avoid you in the future. :D

I fear the same when I meet a lass, that's why I don't mention the toy soldiers. Best to wait till after the 'very well, you can fart or use my loo' stage in the relationship to introduce her to the little lead men. Of course, she could then come back with her insane collecting habits and make you want to run for the hills!
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Orcs

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 08 September 2017, 10:49:20 AM
I fear the same when I meet a lass, that's why I don't mention the toy soldiers. Best to wait till after the 'very well, you can fart or use my loo' stage in the relationship to introduce her to the little lead men. Of course, she could then come back with her insane collecting habits and make you want to run for the hills!

But Roy your ginger - if she is ok with that all your other foibles should pale into insignificance  ;D ;D

Sorry - you walked into that  :)

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Roy

Ha! :) In fact I forget I'm ginger, most of the time. I suppose it might come as a bit of a shock to people, when meeting in person for the first time, when they've previously envisioned me as a member of the black/brown/or blonde -haired majority. Though it does make it easier to find me ... I don't need to be wearing a carnation in my breast pocket, or carrying a rolled up newspaper. 'Alright luv. Just look for't ginger amongst crowd, an' yule 'av found me.'

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

ErHo

My mom was a ginger(had a soul) but none of us are ready in turn...   it's up to you Roy, breed like there's no tomorrow!!!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Roy

Unfortunately I'm finding more and more Silver hairs each week ... I'm only 35!  ~X(

FierceKitty

Quote from: ErHo on 07 September 2017, 07:52:29 PM
If youre buying feminine products, youre already past the stage where you need to impress them!   ;D

There are benefits in keeping your wife impressed with your gentlemanly behaviour. Even if she likes your caveman side too.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 11 September 2017, 10:59:48 AM
There are benefits in keeping your wife impressed with your gentlemanly behaviour. Even if she likes your caveman side too.

There are definite benefits in not having a wife to impress at all!  :)

FierceKitty

Quote from: Orcs on 12 September 2017, 06:17:23 AM
There are definite benefits in not having a wife to impress at all!  :)

You scratch your itches your way, I'll do it mine....

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Will you lot stop being so nice to each other and get on with the physical violence? =)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner