Forum barfight

Started by Last Hussar, 10 August 2012, 04:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Quote from: Last Hussar on 14 February 2015, 12:04:44 PM
Don't bother going to see 50 Shades of Grey.  There is NOT ONE Austrian uniform in it.  Very misleading title.

I had always presumed the book and the film were all about the life and times of John Major
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Last Hussar on 14 February 2015, 12:04:44 PM
Don't bother going to see 50 Shades of Grey.  There is NOT ONE Austrian uniform in it.  Very misleading title.
;D

My in-laws went to see Last Tango in Paris thinking it was a dance picture!  :o X_X

My Dad went to see The Guns of Navarone thinking it was a western.  <)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

getagrip

I went to see Lesbos in Love;

I honestly thought it was about a holiday romance in Greece :o :o :o

Coat's already on :D :-[
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Last Hussar

"Went to see" = "delivered discreetly in plain package"
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: Last Hussar on 14 February 2015, 01:44:36 PM
"Went to see" = "delivered discreetly in plain package"

For goodness sake! Don't you know this is the Century of the Fruitbat! Performed by the tiny demons the wizard Jobs trapped within his iPod!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Hertsblue

I thought it was a review of garden structures - Fifty Sheds of Grey.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Written by Jabba the Shed?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

getagrip

Westmarcher

getagrip

Techno

fsn

I'm so nervous about the competition, I need a drink.

What's this sign? "You can drink from my slipper"?

I'm not falling for that one again. Last time I thought he said the slipper belonged to "Milday", but he actually said "mmm ... Lemmey".

Took me ages to get the taste of corn plaster out my mouth, and the policeman didn't believe me when I said it was athlete's foot powder round my nose. Suppose I should have guessed when it was a size 11. Either that or because it was shaped as Homer Simpson. In my defence, I've never had a good look at Milady's feet - obviously because she's always in a ball gown - and Lemmey's slingbacks are quite deceptive.

This time it's one of Techno's slippers. That'll probably be some sort of old Croc (make your own jokes up) with unidentified equine substances on the sole. He'll be  slopping around a soggy field with one bare foot. Probably thinks it's some kind of living archaeology, though it's doubtless still de rigeur in the backend of the backend of Wales in which he lives.

Think I'll pass on the slipper. What's the guest beer? Fierce Kitty's Bitter. Oh ... that's not the guest beer ... that's just a statement of fact. Is that the guest beer there? Fenton's Firkin! Is that just a statement? ... no? I think I'll pass anyway. The name just puts images in my mind I don't want there.

Perhaps I'll just have a glass of wine. The house white today is ... Ouestmarcheur Pap du Slop, 2015. Should it have that many cobwebs on it when it's so young? Wonder where it's been? Let's see the description ... "fruity, cheeky with a hint of rhubarb. Should be laid down  ... for a long time. A really long time." Not really selling it to me.

What's this? Cocktail of the day? A White Russian?

That's for me!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Strange no one ever orders Red Russians...

Can you sling my slingback back please, Techno's Guinness is hell to scrape out, especially when he's been mucking out with them.

Size 9, wide fitting btw! 💃
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner