Forum barfight

Started by Last Hussar, 10 August 2012, 04:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

get2grips

Quote from: Fenton on 25 February 2014, 03:08:10 PM
I'll have a 'Forum' please  A little bit of everything in the glass, wait 2 hours and see what crap comes out the other end

=O =O =O

Techno

I'll have a 'Forum' please  A little bit of everything in the glass, wait 2 hours and see what crap comes out the other end

I don't think you have to wait two hours, Steve.
A lot of the time it seems to work MUCH faster than that. ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil.

get2grips

25 February 2014, 04:22:23 PM #932 Last Edit: 25 February 2014, 04:29:26 PM by get2grips

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I'll just have a Dave, rarely seen but occasionally works well!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 February 2014, 07:03:01 PM
I'll just have a Dave, rarely seen but occasionally works well!

;D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

I was thinking of having a 'Techno' but I reckon its just green chartreuse, and when I get it I just seem to push it round the bottom of the glass with the funny shaped straw
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Lets see who this fits:

Blue Bols and Lemonade!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 February 2014, 07:21:44 PM
Lets see who this fits:

Blue Bols and Lemonade!

We have a forum member called Electric Lemonade??
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Last Hussar

I'll have a double double vodka, doubled.

One last hussar before I pass out.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

We're big tough, manly ('scuse Marie) wargamers. We know our knobkerries from our assegais and can spot a badly painted waffenfarbe at 10 paces. (Used to be 30, but me eyes have gone a bit.) We cheerfully attack Alexander and all his Companions with a handful of scythed chariots; we stand solidly in square against oncoming Cuirassier; we hurl (at a rather sedate pace) our Matildas against a line of 88mm guns with our heads sticking out the turret, a silk scarf blowing in the wind and a merry quip on our lips.

We are the glace cherries in the Pendraken fruit cocktail; the wildebeest in the Pendraken Safari Park; the black crisp in the Pendraken ready salted. With acrylic or enamel; PVA or epoxy; green stuff or Plasticine we are the War-gamers who command thousands; historians who know the bore of a Brown Bess; modellers who risk permanent eye strain and an eerie faraway stare (see photos of Techno) to gather together a collection of metal figures that honours the fighting man of old.  

We are the Pendraken Forum.

NONE of us drink Blue Bols.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bet you a Mats bar someone does...

Fenton

why do we have to know about FSN's Knob?

fsn

In that case I resign.

I can stand the company of those who wargame the League of Bloody Ausberg; I can patronise Fantasy gamers and I have myself dabbled in other scales (but I didn't inhale).  I can admit that some tattoos can be mildly attractive; admit that Aztecs may not be for me, but they're fine if you want, and hold reasonable discourse with a man who thinks an MG42 is better than a Vickers gun (in fact he's right). I can sympathise with lager drinkers, have a friendly conversation with those who think that Bourbon is a drink and not metal polish, and I can even restrain myself from muttering insults at wine buffs.  

But I draw the line at Blue Bols!  

Next thing is there will be, and I'm sorry that I have to say this, but nipples in the Top Totty thread, people will ask sensible questions and the thread will not degenerate within two pages, and people will be nice to me.

This is the thin edge of the wedge!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Quote from: fsn on 25 February 2014, 08:21:50 PM

Next thing is...people will be nice to me.

Never happen.

Bar-steward, knock the top off that blue stuff over there, will you? :d