Last Hussar's Quiz Night

Started by Last Hussar, 06 February 2024, 05:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider4

Quote... and horse rhymes with fours...ish.
You are Tim Rice and I claim my five pounds. 

Last Hussar

Quote from: Leon on 22 March 2024, 03:38:36 PMIt's a good a guess as any, and horse rhymes with fours...ish.
Have you been bitten by Nobby?
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Last Hussar

There's an image we don't need...

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

Clothing Answers

1   The Croatian soldiers inspired the cravat, later becoming the neck tie – I'll take either. Cravat is a corruption of the word Croat.

2   Plus 4s extend 4 inches below the knee

3   A tie wig is the name of the wig worn by barristers.

4   2 half points for this. A signet ring is worn on the little finger- half a point – of the non-dominant hand - the other half point.

5   All those styles, Ascot etc, are just a small sample of various collar styles.

6   Blue and Green should not be seen without a colour in between.

7   Glenurquhart is usually called Prince of Wales check.

8   The shoe style is an Oxford

9   Sometimes Always Never is about the buttons of a suit jacket. It is whether, top to bottom, they should be done up.

10   The coat-wearer was Michael Foot. The media told the public it was a "donkey jacket".

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

New round - Multiple Choice.

Nice and easy – I'll give you three choices. The choices are in alphabetical order.

1   What is heaviest, an American Ton, an Imperial Ton, or a Metric ton?

2   Which of these Cities has the highest population – London, Tokyo or Washington DC?

3   Of these three, which country has the highest population – France, Germany or the United Kingdom?  I have used the national estimates, not the UN one.

4   Which is the most northerly station on the London Underground – is it Amersham, Chalfont and Latimer, or Chesham?

5   Of these three, who was King of Britain the longest – George the first, George the second, or George the third.

6   Which of these counties is the largest by land area – Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, or Oxfordshire?

7   The mainland of which country is furthest west – England, Scotland or Wales? That is the mainland – NOT any islands, and I have used lines of longitude, not distance from the Prime Meridian

8   Which Allied wartime leader was born first? Churchill, Roosevelt, or Stalin?

9   Which of these Tragedies did Shakespeare write first? Hamlet, King Lear, or Macbeth?

10   The three longest motorways in the UK are the M1, M4, and M6. Which is the longest?

GNU PTerry

Roy

Sent my answers in a PM for you to score, please.
Least, I hope I've sent my answers in a PM as I can't find a method to see what I've sent or haven't.
 :-\
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

OK do mine as public :-

1) Imperial, by about 40 lbs
2) Tokyo ?
3) Germany
4) Amersham ?
5)George III
6)Oxfordshire - I think
7)Scotland
8)Churchill
9)Hamlet it seems
10)M6
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Roy

I had to send mine as a PM, as when I scored my guesses I think I got 10/10 and didn't want to put up my answers if I did get them all right. Not bragging. Just explaining and not wanting to spoil others from playing along. I could have waited, fair enough, for the answers to be put up online but, it's added motivation for others if Last Hussar states I got 100% just by guessing (though I did get 0% in the last round  ;D )
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Gwydion

1. Imperial
2. Tokyo
3. Germany
4. Not the foggiest
5. III
6. Nope.
7. Scotland, just.
8. Churchill
9. I suppose I ought to know. I don't! Marlowe wrote them all before he died anyway!
10. M6
11. Corgi - dwarf dog.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

I can't easily post a table top round here, but here is one question from the last one I did.

Photo of famous person when younger.  Who is it?

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry