HISTORY WAS MADE ON THIS DAY.....

Started by sultanbev, 15 July 2012, 05:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sultanbev

Had a good time at the birthday bash, thanks for all at Pendraken for staging the event. Some good looking games worthy of a major national show across a variety of periods. And some nice discounts on the day  :)

There were two firsts at the show, although they wouldn't take pictures. Having set up our game by 8.30 and then had breakfast, I was the first to buy anything from Pendraken at the show. Event he till was still switched off. Even bigger first was that the dedicated 6mm and 20mm man, ie me, MADE HIS FIRST PURCHASE OF 10MM!

So now I've started a new scale, and new period (a French interventionist force to join Pete's 10mm SCW massive collection), Pandraken can assume the responsibility for one of the great turning moments in wargames history  :o

;)

GordonY

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: sultanbev on 15 July 2012, 05:26:02 PM
[...] the dedicated 6mm and 20mm man, ie me, MADE HIS FIRST PURCHASE OF 10MM!

Leon & Co have ways and means to bleed you dry, sultanbev. Better sell your house before the court orders you to.  8)

Cheers,
Aart

Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Steve J

Welcome to the one true scale Mark ;).

nikharwood

sultanbev

house long sold Aart, only renting now, which is much cheaper overall  8)

Luckily my 10mm intentions are fairly modest, amount to 2 battalions of 1938 French and a couple of companies of armour. Although no doubt I'll end up with some 1982 Argy's now that our main 10mm man Pete Rushton has started on the Brits.... Am even selling some 6mm, see

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m-bevis-1815/m.html?item=271013599878&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Mmm, if Pendraken ever do WW2 Slovaks, then I'll probably end up with a 1938 Czech army....

Nik, you missed a good do, shame you couldn't make it in the end. Anyhows, I thought you'd dropped to 2mm/3mm as your godless scale?

Mark

Leon

Quote from: sultanbev on 15 July 2012, 05:26:02 PM
Even bigger first was that the dedicated 6mm and 20mm man, ie me, MADE HIS FIRST PURCHASE OF 10MM!

So now I've started a new scale, and new period (a French interventionist force to join Pete's 10mm SCW massive collection), Pandraken can assume the responsibility for one of the great turning moments in wargames history  :o

;)

Thanks for coming along to the Bash, and welcome to the 10mm club!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: sultanbev on 15 July 2012, 07:32:34 PM
Nik, you missed a good do, shame you couldn't make it in the end. Anyhows, I thought you'd dropped to 2mm/3mm as your godless scale?
Mark

I know - would have been great to have been there  :(

And my 2mm/3mm dalliances are just that...they'll never divert me from 10mm  :x :d

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

I suppose it happening on Bastille day has a certain symmetry about it
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!