What size bases?

Started by count_zero99uk, 06 May 2010, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

count_zero99uk

Hey everyone,

I recently got a sample of some of the fantasy 10mm to see what the quality was like, and i was blown away.  They look fantastic.

Anyway, this summer my big project is going to be doing a 10mm dungeon hack, kinda like decent or hero quest.

Ill be using Pendrakens resin dungeon bits and i was wondering what size the squares are on those items, and therefore what size bases to put on the miniatures.

Any advice would be gratefully recived.

Thanks
Brian.

sixsideddice

I use 1 cent pieces to mount all the Pendraken miniatures onto. If you are in the UK, just go to your local Bank, and ask them to get in a few EURO bags of 1 cent pieces for you. If you live outside of the UK, or know anyone going abroad anytime soon; just ask them to pick you up a few bags of coins  :D

These fit perfectly with the 10mm figures and add a bit of weight and stability to them at the same time.

The Dungeon tiles work out at roughly 18mm per square btw.

Hope this helps.

Six

Goblin Warchief

Hi, I too use 1 cent of euro coins as bases, and 2 cents for light cavalry (goblins wolf riders). They look great and are very stable  :)

count_zero99uk

Thankfully mother dearest is off to spain in a few weeks so she is going to get a couple of bags of 1c coins for me :)

Arnt mums brill.  (at any age)

Derek H