Printable sci-fi buildings

Started by Kris, 28 June 2012, 12:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

This is only my second ever post here (though I'm a long time lurker) ...so I'm guessing another "Hello All!" is long overdue :)

Anyway, I recently got in touch with the Pendraken guys to see if it would be OK to include a couple of photographs of their mini's in an upcoming project of mine ...and Leon not only agreed, but also suggested that I should post something on the forum to let everyone know about it :)

So, if anyone is interested, I'll be releasing a set of printable terrain designed especially for 10mm sci-fi miniatures later this week - which look something like this:

I've tried to make the buildings as modular as possible - so that they can be joined together in a few different ways, and have several little detail pieces that can be affixed in various positions - to allow for some customisation.

The booklet will be available in pdf format (so you can print off as many buildings as you desire), will cost $4.99 (a little over £3), and be available to download through Wargame Vault, RPGNow, etc. (however, if anyone here is interested in a copy I'll set up a discount code so that the good folks on the forum can get it for a couple of dollars less ;) ).

So there you have it ...apologies if this comes across a bit like a shameless plug (I wouldn't have posted if Leon hadn't suggested it) ...but hopefully it has been of interest to a few folks. Also, if you would like a few more pics, just let me know and I'll see what I can rustle up :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hello!  :D
Great looking building so far, can we have more pictures please!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Squirrel

Hello Kris, and welcome :-h

The buildings look great and versatile, something I'd definitely be interested in, especially with the forthcoming 'revamp' of Pendraken's Sci-Fi range.

More photos would be welcome.

Cheers,

Kev

Kris

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 June 2012, 07:29:07 AM
...can we have more pictures please!

Quote from: Squirrel on 28 June 2012, 08:04:14 AM
More photos would be welcome.

In that case ...here's a quick pic showing how they can be put together (though when using the 'cube-shaped' modules you can of course put as many together as you like to create low warehouse buildings, tall apartment blocks, T-shaped buildings, L-shaped buildings, etc):

Here's a look at something similar to the above example when it's been put together:

And a slightly larger image showing some of the detail:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/z10_04.jpg

And here's an example of what's included in this first set:

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

Excellent  stuff

I was also looking at this today http://cardboard-warriors.proboards.com/index.cgi

Some interesting stuff on there

I also found this which was useful

http://www.davesgames.net/papercraft/pdf/Paper-Modeling-Guide-DGMPMG01.pdf
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Kris

28 June 2012, 05:53:52 PM #6 Last Edit: 28 June 2012, 05:55:56 PM by Kris
OK then, it's been a bit of a rush to get it available for sale today, but the first set of Zone 10 (as in 10mm) terrain is now available for download :)

Here's the direct link (or just go to the Wargame Vault home page and search for 'zone 10'):
http://www.wargamevault.com/product/103482/Zone-10---Basic-Set-%2810mm-terrain%29?manufacturers_id=3785&filters=0_0_0_0

The cover price is $4.99 ...but, as I said previously, since Leon & Co were happy for me to include a couple of pic's containing a few Pendraken mini's, I've set up a discount for folks over here on the forums so you can grab it for $2.99 (around £2).

Here's the super/special/secret link to apply the discount :D

http://www.wargamevault.com/index.php?discount=37003

:)

Maenoferren

Looking good  :D I have been making card terrain for years so it is nice to see something designed for 10mm rather than me having to resize everything  :-bd
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

GordonY

Yep, looks like a very good buy at £2, just wish that Leon and Dave would see the need for a load of not-Land Radiers, not-Rhinos and some not-Eldar Grav Tanks, plus any other not-whatever that anyone can think of.

i_am_win

I love card terrain and they look just up my alley! As it happens, I have a need for some nice sci fi scenery right now! Ive just got the Slavage Crew-Star Mogul rules to go along with a load of 15mm GZG minis I just bought, but seriously I lack any scale scenery to play (I tend to scatch build everything, but I aint got heaps of time as Im trying to finish my 28mm battle damaged/ghost town for WFB) So just a question, would it be OK to use as is (being its 10mm not far off 15mm) or do you reckon I would need to scale it up slightly (By about 10% or so) But for your generous discount, I really think I'm gonna take you up on the offer!
Are you doing any other scifi paper kits in similar scale in the future?
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Kris

29 June 2012, 05:42:09 PM #10 Last Edit: 29 June 2012, 05:48:22 PM by Kris
Quote from: i_am_win on 29 June 2012, 04:46:00 PM
So just a question, would it be OK to use as is (being its 10mm not far off 15mm) or do you reckon I would need to scale it up slightly...

Since most of the 'cargo bay' style doors are around 20mm high, and each floor is about 25mm tall, you might be OK. However, the small doors will probably look a bit out of place with 15mm minis - but you don't have to use them (as they are an optional detail piece).

Anyway, here's a quick (black & white) test page you can print out and check for yourself:

https://www.box.com/s/9e21299b83a8fe1c2105

You'll also notice that I've actually supplied two sizes of 'small door' in the set - which is just to allow for the fact that not all 10mm ranges are the same size (strange though that sounds).

I hope that helps :)

Kris

29 June 2012, 05:42:52 PM #11 Last Edit: 29 June 2012, 05:47:53 PM by Kris
Quote from: i_am_win on 29 June 2012, 04:46:00 PM
Are you doing any other scifi paper kits in similar scale in the future?

Most probably ...though that's assuming folks like this initial set  :-SS

nikharwood

Looks great Kris - I'm not really a fan of card terrain, but good luck with these - really nice to see more support for 10mm  8)

AndyT

Just bought your 10mm download - looks really great and I hope to see more.

Thanks for the discount !

Kris

Glad you like 'em :)

Quote from: AndyT on 12 July 2012, 09:02:13 AM
...I hope to see more.

I'll probably do at least one more set this year (possibly sooner rather than later), and maybe try to add things like landing pads, factory buildings, generators, etc.