You want what making ?

Started by Techno, 21 March 2012, 06:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So, since it's payday - how much do I owe you Techno and how do we sort out payment?
Mad Lemmey
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

I'll send you details of my 'Swiss bank account' (Hah !....I wish) to your home email Lemmy.
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I don't mind making costs public Techno, so it might allow others to see how much your time is worth  ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Messaged Leon the other day. Hopefully the goblin mage will be molded soon, he's caught in the backlog of the move!  ;D

Techno

Once you've got him Lemmey.....I expect to see a piccy of him painted up and posted 'toot sweet'. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

Techno

Right then....
Who's going to help ?
Leon's had a request from one of you chaps regarding a shako conversion for a Napoleonic Austrian type standard bearer.
Ive' got the master metal figure, with a 'flat top' shako......So what's the 'shape' I'm going to change it to ?
I think I know.....But I'd rather make absolutely sure !! ;)

Can anyone post me a piccy up ?

Thanks - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Depends which pattern shako you are going for  :-\ I'll tap my Hungerian playing friends.

Techno

Thanks Lemmy....
I'll try and get a bit more info.
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

It's only a very slight conversion on that chap.  The figure you've got is the current Hungarian standard bearer, in the bell shako (gets wider towards the top).  I've got a chap after a generic shako'd standard to put with his Jagers and Grenzers, so the headgear needs changing to a straight shako instead (same width all the way up).

I'll double check with the customer for some pics.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chad

As far as I know Jager did not carry standards.

Chad

Leon

Quote from: Chad on 04 June 2012, 06:21:39 PM

Chad

Yeah, that's what we thought as well, which is why they were never done originally.

:-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Chad on 04 June 2012, 06:21:39 PM

Chad

Not only that, but from 1808 they wore the Corsehut, the wide-brimmed felt hat with the brim turned up at the side. Previous to that they wore the standard Kasket crested helmet like the line.

As far as I'm aware the Grenzers didn't carry standards either, although the volunteer freikorps often carried a Leibfahne.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 04 June 2012, 07:50:02 PM
Not only that, but from 1808 they wore the Corsehut, the wide-brimmed felt hat with the brim turned up at the side. Previous to that they wore the standard Kasket crested helmet like the line.

As far as I'm aware the Grenzers didn't carry standards either, although the volunteer freikorps often carried a Leibfahne.

Yep, that all matches what we've got.  I think the chap in question just wants to put standards with his units, so we'll get this generic type done, and then it can be used for other things if necessary I suppose.

Techno

29 June 2012, 08:28:24 AM #43 Last Edit: 29 June 2012, 02:58:24 PM by Leon

Oh...for pity's sake !
Can you make this out guys ? (Been b*ggering about with photobucket for AGES this morning, trying to get a decent size image posted....Either WAY too big or this....Lost patience now >:( >:( )

I HOPE this is what's required.....Generic enough ?...If not, they can soon be tweaked !

Grumpy Phil. ;)

Hertsblue

From what I can make out, Phil, it looks like the British "stovepipe" shako. Would do nicely for Prussian reserve infantry. Dunno about Austrians, though. We didn't supply them with uniforms as far as I know.  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net