Pendraken Painting Competition 2012 Info and Rules!!!

Started by Leon, 06 January 2012, 01:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glandalf

A have a question:
My fantasy units are base in 80x40mm bases. There are no legal?  :(

Chad

Leon

Just received my e-mail advising of the above.

How did you know I use a paint roller?  ;)

Chad

Womble67

hmm I'm not very good at painting, however, I am willing to give it a go and see what happens you never know

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Glandalf on 25 January 2012, 07:51:30 AM
My fantasy units are base in 80x40mm bases. There are no legal?  :(

You'd have to enter those in the 'Anything Goes' category I'm afraid.

Quote from: Chad on 25 January 2012, 09:47:04 AM
How did you know I use a paint roller?  ;)

:D

Quote from: Womble67 on 25 January 2012, 10:36:21 AM
hmm I'm not very good at painting, however, I am willing to give it a go and see what happens you never know

Excellent, the more the merrier!  If nothing else, it's handy motivation to get some painting done.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Hah !...

Well, I haven't painted anything for well over two years...and if I'm going to have a go I think everyone should....
Might have to use a 'wax five' instead of a paintbrush tho'.

Cheers - Phil. (Which bit of the brush is best to use ?...The pointy end or the fluffy end ?...I've forgotten.)

Chad

Use a roller Phil then you don't have to worry.   ;)

Chad

Techno

Sounds good to me Chad !  ;D
What size roller to you recommend for fine detail ?  ;)
Cheers - Phil

goat major

we should have a "painted with a roller" category. I defy AndyMac to do eyeballs with that!
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Techno

Tell you what...
This painting lark is a lot harder than I remember ! :o......Doesn't help when most of the paints are getting a tad on the 'thick' side too. :'(
(And I wish someone had given me a hint about spraying such small figures.....Kiera went flying when I pressed the wossname on top of the can !) ;D
Cheers - Phil.

goat major

Always be careful pressing your wossname when you're stood next to Kiera
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

fred.

Quote from: Techno on 29 January 2012, 07:15:20 PM
Tell you what...
This painting lark is a lot harder than I remember ! :o......Doesn't help when most of the paints are getting a tad on the 'thick' side too. :'(
(And I wish someone had given me a hint about spraying such small figures.....Kiera went flying when I pressed the wossname on top of the can !) ;D
Cheers - Phil.
Ignoring all the obvious answers....

Double sided tape and painting sticks are very useful.

Water works wonders on paint - fairly thin is generally good for small figures.

If all else fails go for a roller  ;)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Quote from: goat major on 29 January 2012, 08:23:40 PM
Always be careful pressing your wossname when you're stood next to Kiera
I'm beginning to think a certain person has more than one membership on this forum.  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: fred12df on 29 January 2012, 08:36:14 PM
Ignoring all the obvious answers....

Double sided tape and painting sticks are very useful.

Water works wonders on paint - fairly thin is generally good for small figures.

If all else fails go for a roller  ;)

I was being very lazy Fred...I just stuck her onto the top of a wine cork..(Not the most stable of items to use perhaps)..rather than a stick/spatula....Which would have been far more sensible. #-o
With luck I might just be able to save some of the old paints with water.....I'll give it a whirl.....Otherwise I'll find some old emulsion and use that roller. ;)

Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Just a quick reminder, entry opens on Wednesday!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wanax

Hi there,

This may be a question already answered, but what's the dimension of pic to post on the forum for the competition 2012?
Many thanks,

Sandro
2012 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Leon

Quote from: Wanax on 30 January 2012, 08:16:19 AM
Hi there,

This may be a question already answered, but what's the dimension of pic to post on the forum for the competition 2012?
Many thanks,

Sandro

The easiest way is to host the pictures somewhere else (like Flickr/Photobucket/etc.), and then link them from here.  If you need any help with that, let me know.

You can also post them directly, using the 'Additional Options' when you are typing your post, but these attachments are limited to only 128kb per pic.