AWI Cavalry & Infantry in Tarletons

Started by goat major, 23 December 2010, 10:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clibinarium

Yes, its a bit odd. I understand the motivation behind it, if the idea is to encourage the customer to commit to that range and that range only, but its a zero sum gamble. Either you'll get all their business or none of it.
It would be nice if they were compatible, its always useful to have additional variety in an army. Not sure the bosses will approve of me saying that or not, but my view is that compatibility helps different companies ranges mutually. That's just a guess, maybe people in the business with actual figures in front of them know better.

General Bt Sherman

Well, the past ranges must be selling well enough to continue adding new ranges. I can’t imagine that their new AWI range will be more complete than what Pendraken already offers. At this point the only way I would consider using Kallistra figures is if they offer a range that is not covered by Pendraken, Like the War of 1812.
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

As far as I'm aware, the original reason for the bigger figures goes back to when they started using our Fantasy figures.  With the Fantasy ranges being a little larger than the historical 10mm, more in the 12-14mm bracket, when Kallistra wanted some Medieval-style humans to go with them, a slightly larger figure was sculpted.  That sizing has then continued through their other ranges.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dazza

Quote from: goat major on 16 October 2012, 01:05:22 PM
excitement overload!!!

>:< >:< >:<

oh we are so excited, I know one person who will be GLUM and Excited  about it,  GLUM we got our Cavalry, Excited its all gonna stop on the we want Tarletons (maybe)

evening Ian :)

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: Leon on 16 October 2012, 06:01:20 PM
As far as I'm aware, the original reason for the bigger figures goes back to when they started using our Fantasy figures.  With the Fantasy ranges being a little larger than the historical 10mm, more in the 12-14mm bracket, when Kallistra wanted some Medieval-style humans to go with them, a slightly larger figure was sculpted.  That sizing has then continued through their other ranges.

That makes sense
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Dazza on 16 October 2012, 06:25:54 PM

oh we are so excited, I know one person who will be GLUM and Excited  about it,  GLUM we got our Cavalry, Excited its all gonna stop on the we want Tarletons (maybe)

evening Ian :)

Small things - Small Minds.

IanS  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021