Fantasy Suggestions

Started by sgtpepper, 08 April 2010, 02:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtpepper

Hi,

I just got some of the night orcs in the mail. They're brilliant miniatures, but no calvary. Any chance some could be added to the list? Maybe a ram type beastie with curved horns??? Could also be useful for sand orcs ;)

Thanks

S.

jchaos79

Good option the ram horned (but not horny :-X) creature.

I support the idea of orc cavalry  :D

Leon

I'll pop these on the list.  We've got the boar riders in the regular boar range, but nothing in the others.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

tuva

I like the look of those skeletal centaurs,how about some of the following? Werewolves-i'm surprised they aren't already listed,,skeletons with scyths, mounted wraiths or vampires,skeletal cavalry with swords and finally some dire/undead/zombie wolves. Ken.

tuva

The men and beggar ranges are really impressive, but if i could add anything  i would suggest the following- MEN- fighting monks/clerics/priests ,rangers or scout /archers and a pack of fighting pilgrims/religious fanatics etc. BEGGARS- hooded cultists ,evil worshipers/priests and some large thugs , big ,pot bellied,shaven headed ,broken noses/cauliflower ears ,they could also pose as mercenaries. ken.

ziparoo

I second the motion for clerics - I'd like to see little dudes with maces and platemail.

jchaos79

I think all the suggestions will be great. I seccond specially MEN- fighting monks/clerics/priests  and pilgrims/religious fanatics also some figures with shaven headed

jchaos79

will be great also skeletons with egypt mithology. There exist one entry, but different poses or so

nikharwood

I'd agree - anything that would be not-Tomb Kings would be great...I've got a great-looking TK army in 28mm & I used to have a great WM one too - but I sold it... :(

Would be nice to do it again  - but properly this time ;)

dicehead

That would be great, I'd definitely buy those. How about a Spinx to go with them?
Talking about themed armies how about snakemen? I wouldn't say no to a medusa either if you wanted to make my day.
I'm really hoping for an arabian magic carpet rider and some genies too, if you wanted to do some scimitar wielding arabs I'd snap that up too!

Leon

Cheers for those, I've added them to the lists.  I'll have a think though, because there could be something you could use in the other ranges.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Some good suggestions there.  The mounted wraiths could be done using the FE11 Mounted elves.  Their heads are covered and you could chop off the spears.  I think they look like the Nazgul.

Medusa is one that I'd been thinking of myself.  If I'd heard about the Clash of the Titans release earlier, I'd have considered doing some Mythology stuff to go with it.

dicehead

Samurai apes look like they could make fairly decent demon samurai for a fantasy game, is there any chance we might see some more along those lines? Maybe naga (great for fantasy snakemen too!), undead samurai, japanese style dragons and some oni?

Leon

I'm tempted to do some Oni, they'd be quite versatile for other things.  Our fantasy designer is doing some historical stuff for us at the moment, so new fantasy stuff will be limited to what me and Dave can come up with!

jchaos79

Oni sounds pretty cool!

There are plenty mithology japanesse deamons:

- The ones with his skull as a bowl of water
- Giant heads
- A spirit gehisa
- Tengu o bird style deamon

Mononoke princess and spirited awa (aka el viaje de chihiro) films are a great source of inspiration

maybe some frogs dress like samurai nobility
just my two cents