Bersaglieri

Started by Martyn, 16 June 2011, 06:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sultanbev

steve_holmes_11

Did they wear the plumes in acytion?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

There is newsreel film of them in the desert with plumes fixed, but it's not action stuff, so I doubt they would have.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ben Waterhouse

I believe they did attached to their helmets
Arma Pacis Fulcra

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

John Cook

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 01 September 2021, 11:53:44 AM
Did they wear the plumes in acytion?

Yes they did.  There is plenty of imagery on-line showing them; they aren't plumes though but black rooster feathers.  They wore them in Spain during the civil war, there are plots of photos of them on their colonial helmets and steel helmets in N Africa and on their steel helmets in Russia.  I converted a couple of dozen with ProCreate putty to make a Bersaglieri motorcycle platoon for my CTV in Spain - hardly a challenge.

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ariete

My Italians are all6mm either H&R or GHQ so they get a tiny green blob on the side of their helmets at this scale!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: John Cook on 01 September 2021, 06:11:22 PM
Yes they did.  There is plenty of imagery on-line showing them; they aren't plumes though but black rooster feathers.  They wore them in Spain during the civil war, there are plots of photos of them on their colonial helmets and steel helmets in N Africa and on their steel helmets in Russia.  I converted a couple of dozen with ProCreate putty to make a Bersaglieri motorcycle platoon for my CTV in Spain - hardly a challenge.

I think it's what Cavalrymen term a "falling plume".
Read somewhere that it consists of 400 feathers.

Ithoriel

For some reason I thought they were capercaillie feathers not rooster, am I wrong?

Also, 400 feathers for parade and 100 for active service is my recollection, steve.

Mr. Too Lazy To Even Google It

:) :) :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

henjed

Just took out of a box my 1941 Italian Desert War force and, a tear in my eye, sighed softly to myself:

"No Bersaglieri."

But then, with straightened back and determined visage I mouthed:

"But they will, soon. They must!"

sultanbev

BUMP
The lack of basics in the Italian WW2 range is frustrating, and certainly reducing sales. No 45mm mortars, no Bersaglieri, no cavalry, no 20mm Solothurns - we're having to substitute with Japanese 50mm mortars and Type 97 ATR for Italian regulars.
Some Alpini and Guastatori assault engineers would be nice too.

Leon

Once Tony has returned from a bit of time off I'll start working up the next batches of work and the Italians need to be in there I think.

We had a chap today asking about this armoured car/truck as well: https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/italy/dovunque-35-blindato-apc/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Dovunque 35 blindato APC – 8 built

Clearly a major gap in your range :)

The truck on which it is based, though, was apparently widely used by the Italians in North Africa and Russia and by the Germans after Italy joined the Allies.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data