Competition wips

Started by Sinister Jester, 13 June 2011, 01:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister Jester

Greetings all!

This is my first entry for the competition. I have never done anything in 10mm so we shall see how it goes. I like to push myself trying new things. I am new to this forum and hope to contribute some  :)

I am calling it a Bore Wyrm. These large creatures tunnel through the earth in search of precious metals. These are consumed by the Bore Wyrms, so if you were to defeat one, there would be a hoarde treasure to find inside of one! They have very strong jaws with very sharp tearing teeth, they can also create a burst of electricty that emanates from the front. When they are encountered in the dungeon, it has usually tunneled into a dungeon treasure chamber. So following a Bore Wyrm tunnel could be very lucrative or foolish, depending on the DM's whim  ;)

This figure measures about an actual 4cm... right now. Here's a pic of my start

More photos coming soon! C&C welcome

I hope to create one or two more entries before the comp ends......

Leon

Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for the pic, interesting start.  Is the 4cm from front to back?

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sinister Jester

Thanks Leon! The 4cm would be from head to tail tip if streched out....  :-[   It barely hangs over a 16mm square base and fits on one diagonally  ;)

My next set of pics will show it next to a 28mm plus on a drawn 16mm square.

Leon

Quote from: Sinister Jester on 13 June 2011, 03:12:19 AM
Thanks Leon! The 4cm would be from head to tail tip if streched out....  :-[   It barely hangs over a 16mm square base and fits on one diagonally  ;)

My next set of pics will show it next to a 28mm plus on a drawn 16mm square.

Cool.   8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sinister Jester

Some more pics of the Bore Wyrm. What do you think?

Head shot

Left side

Right side

Compared to a square 16mm base

A scale comparison to a Reaper Chronoscope figure

I was wondering, Do I need to sculpt a base for this? If so would it need to be 16mm?

Leon

Looking good, makes me think of 'Tremors' a bit.   8)

I think you won't need a base for that.  The figure could be moulded quite easily without one, and then it would give people more freedom to do what they like with it.

Techno

I like that LOTS ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

Sinister Jester

Maenoferren

like it  :D, reminds me of the creature at the start of Men in Black 2, the one that turns into the woman  :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

Sinister Jester

I bring you another creation. Not sure of a name? It is just a mist kind of creature that can change shape..... In this case a giant head.....

From the front "Return that which you have stolen...."

Right side

Left side

The Back

Top front

Top back

Scale pic next to a Reaper mini

So any thoughts or comments?

Annatar

Very disturbing....

The face fits very well to the character of the mini !!!! m/

Well done !!!
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!

Techno

WONDERFUL fun !....Very original... great sculpting.....I love it !

Cheers - Phil  

Sinister Jester

Thanks guys! I was trying to create something that was coming from a mist, although the appears to be tendrils maybe too? I hope it is something people would like to have!
I have two more I would like to submit when they are done. ;)
I wish I had some 10mm minis I could have used for size reference but I am just measuring from the suggestions in the tips topic.....

This is the first time I have done anything smaller than 28mm, it's kinda fun! I hope to try more...........

capthugeca

Quote from: Sinister Jester on 18 June 2011, 05:23:39 PM
I wish I had some 10mm minis I could have used for size reference but I am just measuring from the suggestions in the tips topic.....

Wll, you know what to do!  :D
Life is too important to be taken seriously.